Have You Received Compliments on Your Hair From a Hair Stylist?

Isis

I received one today when I went to the Aveda Salon in my area to get some more Aveda Brilliant Anti-Humectant. This was the first time she had seen me wear my hair up in my braided style and she gasped and told me how much she loved it. She kept starting at the back of my head like she was taking mental pictures of it to try this style on her clients. Pictures of this braided style is in my album but instead of flowers, today I wore some decorative combs with black rhinestones on silver in the back.

She (white) said in the past that she doesn't usually have black clients and she is always curious about my hair techniques when I come in to buy my Aveda products, asking me how I'm using them. Anyway, her compliment sounded genuine and made me feel really good,/images/graemlins/drunk.gif especially coming from a professional stylist who comes highly recommended. The client she was working on was looking too and nodded her head in agreement. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Have you ladies received compliments on your hair from hair stylists? Please share!

candibaby

I always receive compliments from my stylist. She always comments on how I manage to keep my hair healthy between visits (i only see her once every 2.5 months) because I never need a trim, and she always says that she loves how thick my hair is.

I guess you know you're doing something right when you have professionals complimenting you right? You go girl! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Carlie

Last time I went to get my hair touched up, I think I heard the words "thick and full" at least 15 times! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Your hair is beautiful Isis....I'm sure the compliments you received were well deserved! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Angelicus

"Your hair is so long. Remember when you first came to me? It was a mess but when I started doing your hair it started growing. But you really need to start coming to me every 4 weeks instead of every three months." /images/graemlins/mad.gif

The nerve of her contributing her hands to the improved health of my hair.

Isis

Thank you Carlie and Candibaby (fellow Nexxus addict)! I love hearing how you ladies are getting these compliments from stylists - they are really learning from you , you know.

Anky - she taking credit for all your hard work and long hair success? I agree, the nerve of her! /images/graemlins/nono.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Movie star hair! That is a great compliment, Cutebajangirl!

Allandra, all stylists can only learn from your ultra-long beautiful hair. Your hair pics should be in their beauty manuals. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Carlie

[ QUOTE ]
anky said:
"Your hair is so long. Remember when you first came to me? It was a mess but when I started doing your hair it started growing. But you really need to start coming to me every 4 weeks instead of every three months." /images/graemlins/mad.gif

The nerve of her contributing her hands to the improved health of my hair.

[/ QUOTE ]
/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /images/graemlins/rofl.gif /images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Mariaat40

I went to a white salon/spa for a facial. While I was waiting the owner came over and started talking to me. He told me I that have a lot of hair, how healthy it looked, and how difficult it is for his African American clients to grow long hair. You're right. It *is* nice to get compliments from a stylist. It was confirmation that all my hard work is paying off.

dannie

I've had stylist compliment my hair. My favorite one was "your hair is super, super strong and you perm".

Lorraine

<font color="brown">Isis, that's nice. Doesn't it just make you feel good? I have received compliments from stylists but especially colorists who want to do my hair and take photos and put them on display in their salon. /images/graemlins/smile.gif</font>

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
My stylist friend raved about my hair when I finally got my first trim after nearly two years. Hopefully she will say my hair as improved when I get a dusting in January.

Lindy

[ QUOTE ]
Isis said:
Have you ladies received compliments on your hair from hair stylists? Please share!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes... my stylist always comments that he is amazed at how long I've been able to grow my hair even though I relax AND color... ( he refuses to use permanent color on relaxed hair!!) My daughter's stylist (dominican) always compliments my hair color.

Yep, I guess I'm definitely doing something right!! /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

swirl

IG: rhonda_hair
i've had 3 dominican stylists to say "que lindo" (how pretty/how beautiful) while doing my hair. the last time i responded with a smile and she says "oh, you understand what i'm saying?" i was like, "yeah, a little." /images/graemlins/cool.gif

dreemssold

I've had a few stylists tell me that my hair looks and/or feels very healthy. I've also had them comment on thickness, but usually not in a good way /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif. Anyway, for me, those are the best compliments, because they see heads of hair all day everyday--I really feel like I'm on the right track when I get them. I can't wait for a "it's so long" compliment /images/graemlins/grin.gif.

lovelymissyoli

My stylist complimented my hair when I first took my braids out in July. She told me whatever I am doing to my hair is working because unlike most girls who come in that wear braids, I was the only client she had who’s hair didn’t have any signs of breakage and was still really thick and full despite me wearing braids for 2 years (on and off). She made my day y’all! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

**I missed out on my opportunity to tell her where I learned all my information though...***

Isis

[ QUOTE ]
LorraineG said:
<font color="brown">Isis, that's nice. Doesn't it just make you feel good? I have received compliments from stylists but especially colorists who want to do my hair and take photos and put them on display in their salon. /images/graemlins/smile.gif</font>

[/ QUOTE ]
So they want you to be a hair model...You can make some good money from those colorists LorraineG! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Isis

[ QUOTE ]
DigitalRain said:
You have beautiful hair!!! I didn't see the braided pics, did I overlook them?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you DigitalRain! These are the pics from May and June of this year. I'm wearing a red t-shirt in one, a black and a light blue t-shirt in another. The braids (6 total) are pinned up around the back of my head. I tried to post the pics here but it isn't working.

The last time I was at Trade Secret getting my hair flat ironed, the stylist said I had "pretty hair"....and I though I could've needed a trim /images/graemlins/laugh.gif.

Isis

Today it wasn't a stylist but a manager and employee (both new, white) of a Sally's beauty store. They told me how much they liked my hairstyle (braided updo). The employee started asking me how long it took for me to grow my hair out to this length (she noticed one of my tendrils) and what products I use and how did I care for my hair. In other words, she wanted my regimen. Since I had other errands, I told her it would have to be next time.

She said she is asking for her mother who has very coarse, almost kinky hair (her hair was straight). She said she and her mother are from Bosnia. I've learned that people from this area including Russia can have coarse, kinky hair.

Anyway, I did share about the importance of moisture, conditioning the hair and staying away from too much heat. I pointed out the Caruso system on the table. She asked me all about how it works and I told her. She was sold and bought one for her mother! I decided to buy one for myself (it's the new model) since I broke part of my old one. We both laughed at the irony of me, the customer selling a Sally's item to her. What a compliment though and she trusted me!

Height

Not to thread hi-jack but the client in the next chair said, "wow she has a lot of hair." I went in for a flat iron dust but came out w/a hair cut, that heifer was comparing her length to mine in the mirror.

unlvgirl

My Crown and Glory
My stylist always compliments me on my hair, she insist that my parents must be mixed with something, she says that my hair length must be genetic. Even though I have told her that only two people in my family have brastrap length hair.

msincognito

My stylist complimented me on how much healthier my hair is now as well as commented that my hair is growing on my last visit.

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Yes, my stylist compliments my hair. Last time I was there she said "It's amazing how healthy your hair is." I appreciated it, but it didn't make me think I was all that or anything. It just made me think that she sees alot of people who aren't taking excellent care of their hair.

webby

Think Slim
When I started going to my current stylist, my hair was reall damaged. I ended up doing a BC. I was in such bad shape and to compound the problem, I couldn't make the 3.5 hour drive just for a wash-n-set, although I was tempted to make the trip every other week.

I was surprised when she started commenting a few months back on how "thick, healthy and long my hair has gotten". I really value her comments, because she warned me against doing my own blowouts. She kept saying that I was going to "ruin" my hair if I did a blow out, urging me to just roller set. Her compliments were confirmation that I had, indeed, gotten the blow dry technique down.

SouthernGirl

Hey Isis :wave:

I LOVE THIS BRAIDED STYLE and your hair in general!! I actually was checking out the album and saw it the other day and gasped myself :)

That's such a great compliment, and I'm sure you were very flattered. I don't visit salons and I've never had a stylist approach me, but I'm sure it must be nice!!
SG

Tai

I've had stylists comment on how healthy my hair and scalp looks. The last time I got a blowout, the stylist doing my hair called another stylist over so she could see how pink my scalp was. The other stylist was surprised to see that I didn't have any split ends, even though the stylist doing my hair suggested getting a dusting to even it up a bit.

Isis

Thank you Southern Girl! You've probably received numerous compliments from stylists (besides others) and didn't even know it!

I have a feeling that all of the ladies on LHCF who go or don't go to stylists will start getting compliments from them. Even when they stare at our hair to see how we did this or that, it's a compliment. It seems like we are learning more than they have learned in beauty school they are learning from us. I wouldn't be surprised if many stylists have joined LHCF.