Breaking/Shedding....Shedding/Breaking....

douglala

Even since my last touchup on 10/14 my hair has been shedding/breaking like crazy. First it was just a little more than usual but now it has gotten significantly worse. I am at a loss as to what to do next. I have already tried the following but with very little success.
Clarifying
Aphogee Protein Treatment
Emergencee Protein Treatment
Moisturizing Conditioners.

I am not sure what the problem is. My hair is not dry and it does not really feel weak. Since it started right after my touchup I think that is the cause but the question is what's the solution??? Maybe my hair was not neutralized correctly. But does it make sense to neutralize again after all this time. It's been over 5 weeks??? Please help! Any suggestions would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

ekomba

it could be many things u said the hair was still shedding right after the perm so try to neutralize again and check if its too much protein treatments, did u do any deep conditioners, hot oil treatments. try to buy the nutrine garlicpoo and cond to stop the shedding dead in his track, is your hair overprocessed did they used lots of heat, what is regimen, what do you put in your hair but try to do at least the nutrine and there was a thread for excessive breakage and how to mend your hair i m try to find that thread

douglala

Yep, I did many deep conditioning treatments but no hot oil treatments. I do not think it is too much protein. I am familiar with what my hair feels like after protein overload and this is not what. So what is this garlic shampoo about? I would really appreciate if you bumped the thread for me. Thanks!

ekomba

i bumped the thread for u check it out and the nutrine garlic shampoo while i was transitioning i experience lot of breakage and shedding i would lose whole strands and could not stop it it was driving me crazy and i saw my haitian friend who introduced me to masketi oil and ask her what her haitian hairdresser in queens put in her hair (as she does her hair old fashioned just wash and roller sets) how come its not shedding or breaking she told me she use nutrine garlic poo to not only grow her hair but stop any breakage and i tried it and it worked but the garlic is drying but i never tried the conditioner. i m not experiencing breakage right now but try to see if anything in the thread applies to u and helps, the worse u can try the nutrine it worked for me
i bump it for u

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=17553&highlight=breakage

Suri

Interally take MSM daily, this is great with shedding. It will take some time to get into your system if you aren't already taking it. Also guzzle carrot juice and use the carrot oil/cremes on your hair daily. Massage it into your scalp and then rub it into yout ends and comb it less. If it's still shedding in a month, go back to source and find out what happened during your touch up, your stylist should be able to offer some solution or remedy,but I am confident that the MSM and carrot juice/cremes will help you. HTH

CLASSYEBONYGIRL

ITA with ekomba about the Nutrine Garlic shampoo and conditioner, especially the shampoo. My hair was just coming out in my hands and I just couldn't put a finger on it because I have a pretty decent regime. I almost did the BC again.:( So out of frustration I decided to purchase the Nutrine Garlic shampoo and after one wash, I lost alot less hairs than using any other shampoo. It stengthens your hair immediately without the use of hardcore protein. I am so glad that I discovered this garlic shampoo. I might not need to do any protein treatments after using this consistently:grin: . It also states on the bottle that it can be used to stop excessive hair loss which is another good thing. I highly recommend this shampoo but if I do not like the smell of garlic then you might have to try another alternative or try the unscented one.

TrulyBlessed

Suri said:
Interally take MSM daily, this is great with shedding. It will take some time to get into your system if you aren't already taking it. Also guzzle carrot juice and use the carrot oil/cremes on your hair daily. Massage it into your scalp and then rub it into yout ends and comb it less. If it's still shedding in a month, go back to source and find out what happened during your touch up, your stylist should be able to offer some solution or remedy,but I am confident that the MSM and carrot juice/cremes will help you. HTH

I cannot express how helpful this stuff is (MSM)! If you are scared to take it like I was, start verrry slowly and build up over a large span of time. It took me about 3-4 months to build up to 2,000mg and I did it with no terrible side effects. ie, 250mg a day for 2 weeks, 500mg a day for next 2 weeks, 750 next 2 weeks, 1000 next 2 weeks, etc. -split the dose in half and take morning and evening. I began to tell the difference after 2 weeks of only 500mg, so you don't necessarily have to reach 2,000 but the more the better.

I take the powdered kind with meals and not with vitamin C (too rough on my tummy). My hair is thicker because I am retaining most of it and the texture may change a little (just the edges are looser/wavy but nothing dramatically different). I can't believe how little hair I lose. (I used to shed by the handfuls, but since it is so thick, it never thinned out..thank God). Aside from this I love the increased energy and improved digestion. Good luck.

douglala

Thanks ladies. Looks like I am going to try the Garlic Shampoo first. If that does not work I will do the Damaged Hair regime.

I used to take MSM all the time but stops earlier this year just because of sheer laziness. I will start that up again and start taking my multi consistently. Off to Vitamin Shoppe and the Beauty supply store.

Thanks again for all the reccommendations!