Bring your favorite moisturizer!!

SandySea

Hello ladies. I'm back on the LHCF trail to healthy hair after some set backs. I'm now in search of a good everyday moisturizer. I used to use Profective Breakfree until they changed the formula--I hate it now. That's all I've been using for years and I feel lost in searching for a new moisturizer. I have fine, relaxed hair of medium density and it is easily weighed down by oils. I'm looking for something that actually feels like it penetrates and softens the hair without leaving an oily feeling. Any suggestions will be welcomed. Thanx in advance. This will save me a lot of money from random experimentation.

Moisturizers that have worked for me:
Water
Parnevu T-Tree Growth Creme
Africa's Best Kids Organics Detangling Moisturizing Lotion

Qhemet Biologics Sidr Tree Butter Balm has been great for me.

t_468.jpg

HoneyDew said:
Qhemet Biologics Sidr Tree Butter Balm has been great for me.

t_468.jpg

I concur! I also like the QB Amla & Olive Heavy Cream or ORS Olive Oil (jar)

OT: PinyaPrincess....your hair is gorgeous!

pinayprincess said:
Profectiv Break Free...

The yellow one, right? It doesn't stink to you??

Nope, it's the pink one. The yellow one is Mega-Growth.

_____

OP, the new formula still works for me. Sorry to hear that it stopped foy you.

I stand by S-Curl when it comes to moisturizers. It is not oily, it doesn't weigh my hair down, and it maintains a perfect moisture balance. :)

I like Qhemet Biologics Olive Cream Detangler ALOT

I also like
Curls Milkshae
Blended Beauty Styling Butter Cream

I'm really feeling the African Royale Daily Doctor Leave-In conditioner It contains water, glycerine, and various herbal ingredients. It has a strong cherry-almond fragrance (I like it!), and my hair seems to LOVE it. I mix it with some olive & jojoba oil in a spray bottle and apply it to my hair twice a day. I was gonna try the S-Curl, but I was turned off by some of the ingredients. I think the Daily Doctor is a great alternative.

Neutrogena Triple Moisture silk touch leave-in. Make sure you seal it with a VERY light oil (preferably one of the essential oils or africa's best ultimate herbal oil) and it'll last all day, maybe even two (with my hair). Even with the two products, it's still VERY light on my medium density hair.

cocopuff said:
I like Qhemet Biologics Olive Cream Detangler ALOT

I also like
Curls Milkshae
Blended Beauty Styling Butter Cream

I agree, the Qhemet Biologics Olive Cream Detangler is another good one. That is the 1st Qhemet product I tried and I really loved it.

They really do have some good stuff.

pinayprincess said:
Profectiv Break Free...

The yellow one, right? It doesn't stink to you??

Break Free was the pink one. Yes it does stink, especially if you add some kemi oil on top :lol: . This combo calls for frequent CW's.

Ladies, thanks so much for all of the suggestions. I will definitely make a list of all of the the great products you've mentioned. Where do you get Qhelmet products from?

I just bought some elasta mango butter yesterday and I am in love w/ it. My hair feels like butter. I was using Mizani Intense Night creme and will probably continue to use it at night but I love the BUTTER

omnipadme said:
Pantene relaxed and natural moisturizing creme and Oyin's whipped pudding

I really enjoy the Whipped pudding also.

There are more I really like......
Aveda Cream...LOVE IT!
ORS Olive Oil Jar
Mango Butter (Edges)
QP Oil Recovery
Nexxus Humectress

sareca said:
Keracare Hairdress

I use to love this stuff. I used it for many many years. I am not sure why I stopped. Prob. because I had to get it from my beautican. Now I can just order it for less online.

(Sareca, I am shame to say, I am really getting to know my delivery people very well also. lol joking.)

I love my jane carter nourish-n-shine. It makes my hair soft and smooth. I am looking into buying some megagrowth profectiv and some elasta qp mango butter.

Back