BSL 2010 Challenge

Iamhim

Is it too late for me to join this challenge? I hope to make BSL by Dec 2010.

Here are my photos (sorry they are kind of big!!!):

February 2009

January 2010, after a 2inch trim.

April 2010

I plan to keep it simple, wash and detangle twice a week. Lately I've been wearing wash n go's, using HEHH as a leave in. I always do a hot oil treatment the night before I wash my hair, and a DC once a monoth. I don't plan to straighten my hair again until July, and then again in December. With no trims until December (maybe).

Here's my end of year update. I did trim in July (I just couldn't help it). And I straightened a lot more than I should have, but I did make BSL. :yay::yay::yay::yay:

JULY - Before Trim

JULY - After Trim (and bumping ends)

Yesterday (12/26/10)

I said this would be the first, and last challenge that I enter....but I'm so darn proud of myself, I'm going to head on over to the WL 2011 thread. I've grown my hair to BSL before but I've never made it past this point without cutting or ruining my hair. This next year should be interesting.

JJamiah

Here's my end of year update. I did trim in July (I just couldn't help it). And I straightened a lot more than I should have, but I did make BSL. :yay::yay::yay::yay:

JULY - Before Trim

Yesterday (12/26/10)

I said this would be the first, and last challenge that I enter....but I'm so darn proud of myself, I'm going to head on over to the WL 2011 thread. I've grown my hair to BSL before but I've never made it past this point without cutting or ruining my hair. This next year should be interesting.

Absolutely Beautiful :yep:

JJamiah

In 2 more days this challenge will be officially over. Just wanted to say thanks to all the ladies who signed up :)

Congrats to all the ladies who were close to their goal and made their goal.

Ladies who did not, there is always 2011. Don't give up :)

JJamiah

In 2 more days this challenge will be officially over. Just wanted to say thanks to all the ladies who signed up :)

Congrats to all the ladies who were close to their goal and made their goal.

Ladies who did not, there is always 2011. Don't give up :)

Today is the official last day of this challenge :) Happy New Years every one :)

and Congrats to all. :)

flowinlocks

I didn't make BSL but I'm happy with my progress considering my setback this year with my ends. I'm about a inch away from grazing and about 4 from full bsl. So I will give myself till my next update in March before I claim it. :yep: JJamiah thank you for all the motivation during this challenge. And congratulations to all the ladies who made it!
To the ladies like myself who didn't congrats, and pat your self on the back for the progress you have made. Happy New Years Ladies!!!

Janet'

Hi Ladies,

I claimed BSB...not BSL- I had such a good time with you ladies, you really were and are a great bunch!!!! See ya in WL 2011!!!! :dance7:

Pics attached:

1st Pic: MY claimage of BSB (Below Shoulder Blade) in July
2nd Pic: Full BSL in Dec (holding off on claiming MBL till February/March)

Attachments

• July Length Check 004.JPG
    July Length Check 004.JPG
    217.2 KB · Views: 32
  • Dec Length Check 011.JPG
    Dec Length Check 011.JPG
    307.8 KB · Views: 37

Janet'

:yep: :yep: You should be satisfied!!! :congrats: Wonderful progress!!!

I didn't make BSL but I'm happy with my progress considering my setback this year with my ends. I'm about a inch away from grazing and about 4 from full bsl. So I will give myself till my next update in March before I claim it. :yep: JJamiah thank you for all the motivation during this challenge. And congratulations to all the ladies who made it!
To the ladies like myself who didn't congrats, and pat your self on the back for the progress you have made. Happy New Years Ladies!!!

flowinlocks

Hi Ladies,

I claimed BSB...not BSL- I had such a good time with you ladies, you really were and are a great bunch!!!! See ya in WL 2011!!!! :dance7:

Pics attached:

1st Pic: MY claimage of BSB (Below Shoulder Blade) in July
2nd Pic: Full BSL in Dec (holding off on claiming MBL till February/March)

Yaaay!!!! Congratulations!!! As always I love your color. WL by Dec. 2011 is a stretch for me. I claiming Dec. 2012.

JJamiah

Wow Janet and Flowin your hair looks amazing. Loving it. Flow your growing nicely and Janet your color is awesome :)

janda

JULY - Before Trim

Yesterday (12/26/10)

I just had to stop in here to say that your hair looks amazing! I love the shine and the color. It looks so healthy.

trendsetta25

I created a post with my update but i can't leave you guys out...in case you didn't see my post. I didn't make BSL but I'm totally claiming BSB...who gonna check me boo? :brucelee:
Jan 2010

Dec 2010

Carrie A

Hey ladies :drunk: I know I'm late but I didn't get a chance to flat iron until this evening. So I started this challenge back in Dec at APL and I made BSL. Now on to MBL. Adios!

bimtheduck

before I start, Janda your hair looks AMAZING girl!

anywho I made BSL and now in grazing MBL but I'm gonna get a much needed trim at my next touch up in March so I'll be back at BSL soon so without further ado my reveal for 2010...

Starting pic for 2010

ending pic for 2010

Janet'

before I start, Janda your hair looks AMAZING girl!

anywho I made BSL and now in grazing MBL but I'm gonna get a much needed trim at my next touch up in March so I'll be back at BSL soon so without further ado my reveal for 2010...

Starting pic for 2010

ending pic for 2010

Um... I'm no expert but I think u already are MBL... GREAT progress!!! :dance7:

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Nayna

Unbothered
ok here are my old pics

My bestie wouldn't get her lazy butt out the bed to take a proper pic so my hair looks super long in one of them but its all good. I'm grazing. Oh yes, and I trimmed some off after the pic. I didn't like the little scragglies.

- this is mainly to show y'all a clean mirror pic :lol:

Last edited:

lilsparkle825

I absolutely love this thread. It was so great making this journey with you guys, and I see some BEAUTIFUL hair on this last page (40 posts)!!!! Oh my!

Happy New Year and HHG to everyone!