Budget-conscious, effective hair vit!!

P

patient1

Hi All,

I just wanted to weigh in about an effective, natural hair supplement I've been using along with my regular multivitamin.

I get it from Walmart, it's about 3.65.

The company is called Calif/Natural and the vitamin is simply called Hair.

30 Tablets of "High-potency Vitamin & Mineral Supplement".

Ingredients:
Vitamin A . . ..5000 IU or 100%
Thiamine . . . .1.5 mg or 100%
Riboflavin. . . .1.7 mg or 100%
Niacin . . . . ..35 mg or 175%
Folic Acid. . . .400 mcg or 100%
Vitamin B12. . .10 mcg or 167%
Biotin. . . . . . . .100mcg or 33%
Pantothenic Acid . . .92mg or 920%
Iodine. .................150 mcg or 100%
Zinc. .. . . .15mg or 100%
Copper. . .. 2mg or 100%
Manganese . .1mg or 50%

Choline 60 mg
Inositol 125 mg
para-Amino Benzoic Acid (paba) 35 mg

Other ingredients: Cellulose, calcium phosphate, stearic acid, magnesium stearate, silicon dioxide, food glaze, vanilla.

No sugar, starch, artificial colors or preservatives. Contains no known allergens.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

This is the information from the label. I've been taking them for two weeks as of today. The first thing I can tell you is that my nails are regenerating VERY quickly. My hair is in braids but I can tell by the color line that it is growing quite quickly.

To be fair I also did a bottle of Nioxin (1 a day) and then switched to these. I also take 1 multivitamin per day. I use WGO on my scalp and spritz with daily doctor and other moisture mixes.

Finally, I like the low amount of biotin because it causes breakouts at higher doses. The iodine concerned me (because it has been known to aggravate acne) but so far it has not been a problem.

That's about all the info I have. I will continue to use these. For that price it's a good quality. In the end, most companies are pimping the same thing in different packaging. The level of advertising affects the price. This is a good one to try if you want to add a hair supplement without breaking the bank.

hth. i'll check in at the end of the bottle.
p1

lshevonne

Hello Ladies,

My cousin has been using this and her hair has gotten very thick. Even her hair stylist back in Austin told her that her hair is thick. She goes to school in Lubbock, TX and has been having a hard time locating this. She said that Walmart is always out. She even said that it took about 2 weeks and then she noticed a difference.
I bought some yesterday so I'll keep everyone posted. The cost is less than $4.00 for 30 tablets here in Austin, TX.

http://www.californianatural.net/~californ/cgi-bin/cart.cgi/naturalbrands.html?id=m56AqMIF

PuffyBrown

patient1 said:
Hi All,

I just wanted to weigh in about an effective, natural hair supplement I've been using along with my regular multivitamin.

I get it from Walmart, it's about 3.65.

The company is called Calif/Natural and the vitamin is simply called Hair.

30 Tablets of "High-potency Vitamin & Mineral Supplement".

Ingredients:
Vitamin A . . ..5000 IU or 100%
Thiamine . . . .1.5 mg or 100%
Riboflavin. . . .1.7 mg or 100%
Niacin . . . . ..35 mg or 175%
Folic Acid. . . .400 mcg or 100%
Vitamin B12. . .10 mcg or 167%
Biotin. . . . . . . .100mcg or 33%
Pantothenic Acid . . .92mg or 920%
Iodine. .................150 mcg or 100%
Zinc. .. . . .15mg or 100%
Copper. . .. 2mg or 100%
Manganese . .1mg or 50%

Choline 60 mg
Inositol 125 mg
para-Amino Benzoic Acid (paba) 35 mg

Other ingredients: Cellulose, calcium phosphate, stearic acid, magnesium stearate, silicon dioxide, food glaze, vanilla.

No sugar, starch, artificial colors or preservatives. Contains no known allergens.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

This is the information from the label. I've been taking them for two weeks as of today. The first thing I can tell you is that my nails are regenerating VERY quickly. My hair is in braids but I can tell by the color line that it is growing quite quickly.

To be fair I also did a bottle of Nioxin (1 a day) and then switched to these. I also take 1 multivitamin per day. I use WGO on my scalp and spritz with daily doctor and other moisture mixes.

Finally, I like the low amount of biotin because it causes breakouts at higher doses. The iodine concerned me (because it has been known to aggravate acne) but so far it has not been a problem.

That's about all the info I have. I will continue to use these. For that price it's a good quality. In the end, most companies are pimping the same thing in different packaging. The level of advertising affects the price. This is a good one to try if you want to add a hair supplement without breaking the bank.

hth. i'll check in at the end of the bottle.
p1

I really don't think it is about how much you pay for your vitimins but what your vitamin has in it. You look like you have the ingredients that you need to stay healthy and grow your hair. You go Girl!

P

peacefulstrength

only 3.65 I might have to look for this next time I'm in walmart. I think iodine is good for growing the hair. I cant remember exactly where I read that from.

Shayla

just bought these today...along w/ Nioxin Follicle Booster for two spots

*crossing fingers*

P

peacefulstrength

:( I've been to walmart for a few times now and I never can find the vitamin. I dont know if they fly off the shelf fast.

magviv

ITA Addydoll! I've checked several walmart stores in my area and I can never find them. It's frustrating. :ohwell: