butt length hair

Iluvsmuhgrass

My S.O. has butt length extremely thick reddish/blond hair (darkens in the winter and lightens in the summer) that I keep braided most of the time. It's beautiful and what really gets me mad is that he does NOTHING to it. lol I introduced him to the miracle of hot oil treatments. My mistake. Now I have to do his and mine too. :ohwell:

Maybe I can con him into letting me take a pic...:look:

renee_n_3000

ILuvsmuhgrass said:
I introduced him to the miracle of hot oil treatments. My mistake. Now I have to do his and mine too. :ohwell:

That is cute! Sounds like nice "bonding" time for you two, too :grin:

For the ladies who wonder whether long hair takes extra effort to care for:

My hair comes to/covers the very upper part of my behind, and that is really not a lot of hair on me. I am 5'3" and have what I consider an average length torso for my height. I just measured my hair for the purpose of responding to this thread, and it is only about 35" long. When I see a person with hair a similar length as mine, I don't wonder if it it's hard for them to care for because mine generally isn't at all.

A couple of weeks ago before I trimmed it, it was about an inch longer and if I let it grow to completely cover my behind, I'm almost positive the few extra inches wouldn't make my hair difficult to care for.

Now, I know that if I saw a much taller person with hair that also fell to the top of their behind, and that person had a longer than average torso for their height, they would have much longer hair than me (in terms of inches). In that case, depending on what type of hair they had, I guess I might wonder if their hair was hard to take care of. But for mine, there's nothing hard about it. I wash, condition, spray a light oil on it, and air-dry. The washing and conditioning part takes about 5 minutes. The air-drying takes longer of course, but it's not bad. I'm not just sitting around waiting for it to dry. I go on with my daily activities, so it's no inconvenience.

Recently, I didn't completely comb through my hair for a week when I wasn't feeling well. That resulted in tangles, so that sucked. But that's not a normal occurrence for me.

I have two nieces who have hair that is about ear-length and neck-length. The times I've washed and styled their hair, it took me much longer to do than mine because it was hard for me to comb through it and it hurt them when I did. So, I had to go very slowly while apologizing and feeling bad for hurting them. I also either blow-dried their hair or dried it under a hooded dryer. Then I styled it, so that took more time. And, I deep-conditioned and added different styling products to make their hair softer and suppler. The whole process was quite time-consuming, but it was fun, because it was like playing "beauty salon" with them. :)

So I believe it has more to do with the type of hair a person has (as in whether a lot of care, precautions and products need to be used when handling and styling it) that determines how much time and effort goes into caring for it. The length doesn't necessarily matter, in and of itself.

Last edited:

motherx2esq

I love this length! I don't think it is that hard to care for. I love seeing women's hair this long. I would love to grow my hair this long but doubt that I ever will. If it did grow this long I wouldn't cut it!