Calling 3a's, 3b's and 3'cs

Cleve_gryl,
I go to the salon. I forgot the name of the last relaxer she used but I think it was Influence. I will be sure to ask on Thursday and let you know. That was the first time she used that one on me but before that she used Design.

I might be sitting next to you on that MTG bandwagon.

tarheelgurl said:
Cleve_gryl,
I go to the salon. I forgot the name of the last relaxer she used but I think it was Influence. I will be sure to ask on Thursday and let you know. That was the first time she used that one on me but before that she used Design.

I might be sitting next to you on that MTG bandwagon.

And we can be stankin together!! :grin:

Do any of my 3 ladies use Alma oil? I saw this at the Indian grocery last night, but was afraid to get it not only because I've heard its funky but it may be heavy. :confused: Anyone?

Hey Ladies
I have never figured out what hair type I have. Would you ladies please please help me with this? I have a few pictures in my fotki hopefully they will help shed some light one my hair mystery. I really appreciate your help :)
TIA

Cleve_gryl said:
Hey girlie!! :clapping: Someone from NE Ohio!! You in the AK??

I actually have a couple different textures in my hair too. The top is like 3b, then underneath (nape) is almost 2c, then I have a nice little patch in the middle which I feel is 5D, but its more like 4A...so with all that I still can't find the correct mix of products :(

Without giving it all away (you know the bad lurkers) I am near Geauga Lake about five minutes away and near that new Kohl's/Walmart area.

Hey try going to India Grocers on W. 130 street. It is in the Yellow pages under Grocers. They have a good selection. You can get Almondol from there...I find it to be good stuff, it is coconut oil based.

tsiporah said:
Without giving it all away (you know the bad lurkers) I am near Geauga Lake about five minutes away and near that new Kohl's/Walmart area.

Hey try going to India Grocers on W. 130 street. It is in the Yellow pages under Grocers. They have a good selection. You can get Almondol from there...I find it to be good stuff, it is coconut oil based.

I just sent you a PM.

Cleve_gryl said:
Do any of my 3 ladies use Alma oil? I saw this at the Indian grocery last night, but was afraid to get it not only because I've heard its funky but it may be heavy. :confused: Anyone?

I used it before shampooing before, and I could still smell it after. So... haven't tried it since.
It didn't leave my hair greasy or heavy though, it as just the smell. I woudln't recommend it for everyday use though. Only pre-shampoo.

Dionne31,
I had the hardest time trying to determine my own so I know what you are going thru! Do a google search on Andre's Hair type or typing and you will find a lot of descriptions to help you determine yours.

HTH

Amla oil is great for pre-poo or mixed with cassia. It's probably good mixed with henna too, but I haven't tried it yet.

DIONNE31 said:
Hey Ladies
I have never figured out what hair type I have. Would you ladies please please help me with this? I have a few pictures in my fotki hopefully they will help shed some light one my hair mystery. I really appreciate your help :)
TIA
Do you have any pics of your natural hair or your new growth (didn't see any in fotki)? I don't know if you're relaxed or not but if you are you will need a few inches of new growth to determine what your hair type is.

Pokahontas said:
Do you have any pics of your natural hair or your new growth (didn't see any in fotki)? I don't know if you're relaxed or not but if you are you will need a few inches of new growth to determine what your hair type is.
Thanks for responding
I don't have any pictures of my new growth ( I just relaxed about 3 weeks ago) I will be certain to take pictures & come back then. Thanks

I typically shampoo once a week and CO wash every 1-3 days (depending on the weather). I shampoo more if I'm trying to get rid of colour.

I wash w. shampoo 2-3xs a month. The rest, I daily wash w. conditioner.:) My texlaxed hair loves water, just as my natural hair did. I just use HH hello hydration and use MNT cond as a leave in and go. I can wear it curly or I can put it in a pony to air dry.

tarheelgurl said:
Ok 3's, how often are you all washing your hair in a week? I wash once a week.

I wash twice a week. My big wash day is Saturday (when I DC under dryer), then I do a 'smaller' one on either Tuesday or Wednesday.

Hey ladies im a 3b/3c i was wondering if cassia is good for adding thickness and strengthening the hair...or what are some things i can do to acheive this.. my hair is dyed jet black so i dont want to use henna cuz i dont wanna risk gettin some red..I also tried castor oil after sealing in moisture but it is way heavy for my hair and makes it gummy for daily use

Back