Calling all affirm users

RUBY

I was wondering if any members who use the ordinary Affirm lye or no-lye formula would consider switching to the 'new' Affirm Fiberguard relaxer when it becomes more widely available.
And if any one has alreadly used the Fiberguard relaxer please post your results.
Thanks in advance.

karly

I have the affirm dry hair/sensitive scalp relaxer and I'm thinking about switching over to the fiberguard since my hair is color treated now. I read somewhere that it was better for color treated hair.

Mufasa

Where can you get more information on Affirm Fiberguard? For example, how to apply it correctly and what other products are needed to use it successfully?

LiLi

Hi Rudy,
I am new here but I just wanted to say that I have been using no-lye relaxers for the past 7 years and just recently tried Affirm Fiberguard Sensitive Scalp No-Lye relaxer system. I only did a patch test so I did a little section in the back and a little section at the crown area. That was three weeks ago. I have to say that I thought African Pride was good but this ... this was excellent!! My hair is silky and has stayed that way. I haven't noticed any breakage or anything in those sections. Even when I don't moisturize those sections every night they feel nice and moisturized while the other sections feel dry and straw-like. I am going to do my whole head (minus the sections that I did already) this week and I will post pictures. I am really pleased with it. I am sure that the lye is even better.

LiLi

Hi Mufasa,
The complete instructions come in the box (with the no-lye system) and I believe they are written on the jars for the lye systems. My no-lye system came in a box with 9 applications, activator, and the liquid that you put on previous relaxed hair. I had to go and get some more popsicle-type sticks because only one came in the box.

Lindy

I currently use Affirm No Lye Mild for Sensitive Scalps and yes, I would consider switching to the Fiberguard. I asked my stylist the last time I went for a touchup, but he didn't have it.

jellynote

I've used it and it was ok. Over here in Germany you can get it on the economy and it is a lye relaxer. I'll continue to use my Affirm Mild lye until I here more about it. I do know that it's not available in the US unless you go to the salon

MissB

My stylist used the Fiberguard on me about seven weeks ago. Usually my edges are really rough at seven weeks. The Fiberguard makes the new growth more manageable IMHO. I am going to push it for 2 more weeks.

My hair stayed pretty silky for the first six weeks.

Good Luck,

MissB

cutebajangirl

I've used the Fiberguard mild and it texturized my hair. However I hav been having problems with relaxers recently. The last time I used it 2 years ago it got it straight with LOTS of bounce.

ny2atl

I've been using Affirm Fiberguard for the past 2 years and then my stylist just told me on my last touch up that I no longer need the Fiberguard because my hair is in good shape. She used the regular Affirm. I really didn't notice any difference between the two. She said the Fiberguard just has more conditioners in it. That made me wonder why she would say I didn't need the extra conditioners. This was also the visit when she insisted on cutting an inch and said she wasn't "hating" on "whatever this growth spurt is" (as she said). Should I be leary? Now I think I'll insist on going back to the Fiberguard. Can't hurt right?

Britt

I recently ordered Affirm sensitive scalp online from sheldeez.com. I was curious to try the Fiberguard, but I saw the price (i think that it is $65) and I dont have that right now, so I will use the Sensitive Scalp which im sure will give me the results I like since I had no problems with the Affirm no-lye Mild.

MissB

My stylist indicated that if your hair is weak or you have breakage then the Fiberguard is the better relaxer.

lala

I use Affirm mild, original formula and was curious about the Fiberguard formula also. Has anyone experienced any significant issues with this formula? I'm happy with the original formula, wondered if the other formulas provide the same quality of straightening/manageability.

B

ballet_bun

Thanks for starting this thread. I am really curious about this relaxer. I would really like to try Affirm. My hair seems really dry, I don't know if it's the climate or the no-lye relaxer. Can someone here tell me what changes they have noticed after switching from no'lye to a lye relaxer, especially if the switch was to an affirm lye relaxer.

I was using Sheenique Sensitive Scalp and that was really nice, but then I switched to Gentle Treatment because that's what I can find here. I'm just afraid of scalp damamge and maybe breakage, if I make the "BIG SWITCH".

Ballet Bun ...

ElizaBlue

I just ordered from Sheldeez, does anyone know how long it will take. I need it like within the week, I have to do my daughters hair before school starts. The website said one to two weeks, I hope it's closer to one.

peacelove

Does anyone know a STORE in NY or NJ that carries Affirm lye products? I need to touch up this weekend and never made an appointment with my stylist. My sister can do touch ups, but I cannot find Affirm (only no lye). Please help!

It is so easy to get Affirm in NY. Go onto Jamaica Ave and 165 St in Queens. There are several beauty supply stores that sell the Affirm in all the different strenghts

northernbelle

I would consider using the Affirm with Fiberguard. I have been wearing the Affirm with Lye, Mild Formula, for four years now.

northernbelle

Sweetpea000

I went to the site sheldeez.com and it said it is sold by the kit. Is that enough for 1 application, or multiple ones???

karly

[ QUOTE ]
I went to the site sheldeez.com and it said it is sold by the kit. Is that enough for 1 application, or multiple ones???

[/ QUOTE ]

I called to find out what was included in the Kit and the guy couldn't even tell me. He said it included the relaxer and "the stuff that comes with the relaxer"
but then he turned around and said that it did not include any of the conditioner or treatments that must follow the relaxer
. I also asked him how many applications were in the kit and he said "maybe 4 or 5".
That's a crying shame.

EmeraldSky

Is this a no lye formula? Someone mentioned the fiberguard to me, but they said that the results looked more like a texturizer, that's the only thing that stopped me from trying it.

Tanisha

Re: Calling all affirm users - Need advice, Help!

I'm a former Mizani user and have been natural for almost a year. I want to go back to straight hair but I prefer the idea of a texturizer. I wanted to know if you can texturizer long hair?

Most texturizers I see seem to be for short hair and after a year of braids, cornrows and twists may hair is not short. Is Affirm a good relaxer for dry hair and sensitive scalp?