Calling all Aloe Vera users! What can I use instead of Aloe Vera?

My Friend

What is comparable to Aloe Vera?

What does it do for your hair?

How long have you used it?

Doe you use it to pre poo? Leave it?

Kerryann

I mix mine with castor oil the night before I wash my hair. My hair becomes super soft and feels extra thick

southerncitygirl

My Friend
You could try tea rinses...herbs like slippery elm, marshmallow root, etc have slip and are said to be moisturizing. Castor oil is a humectant like aloe. Does aloe give your hair issues? I don't use these thing separately I just make sure they are in my products and I put castor in my oil mix and on my ends after I seal.

My Friend

My Friend
You could try tea rinses...herbs like slippery elm, marshmallow root, etc have slip and are said to be moisturizing. Castor oil is a humectant like aloe. Does aloe give your hair issues? I don't use these thing separately I just make sure they are in my products and I put castor in my oil mix and on my ends after I seal.

I'm allergic to latex and i find when I use it my scalp gets really itchy.

southerncitygirl

southerncitygirl

My Friend

Aloe is a humectant even though it has numerous other healing properties...I would add other stuff to it before I would dub it the natural form of "da juice",lol. It is also healing and soothing which is why it works so well for skin ailments and in regards to digestion. It also acts kinda like protein as the hair is more elastic and stronger after using it.

Please be careful with shea butter as well....it naturally contains latex. I'm not sure what is comparable but if you were looking for slip that why I named herbs.

seemegrow

I normally use George's aloe Vera because you don't have to refrigerate it. If u are just using it for hair do u still have to refrigerate the other brands?

LaBelleLL

I normally use George's aloe Vera because you don't have to refrigerate it. If u are just using it for hair do u still have to refrigerate the other brands?

I have found that so far, George's is the only brand that you do not have to refrigerate. You have to refrigerate the others.