Calling All Bantu Knot Setters!!

MoezThunder

I don't know whether I'm doing something wrong or what. My bantu set looks great when I do them, but my ends seem to always get tangled. Is that normal? Whenever I comb my hair after a bantu set, it's kind of tangled on the ends and I get very mild breakage. How can I avoid that or is it really not a big deal?

Leslie_C

I would also like to know how u prevent frizz with them? I get much more frizz with this style than I do with braid outs.

Allandra

[ QUOTE ]
AnjelLuvsUBabe said:
I dont think you are suppose to comb them, I might be mistaken

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't comb mine with a comb. I just use my fingers.

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
[ QUOTE ]
Allandra said:
[ QUOTE ]
AnjelLuvsUBabe said:
I dont think you are suppose to comb them, I might be mistaken

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't comb mine with a comb. I just use my fingers.

[/ QUOTE ]

No combing allowed, just use your fingers.

AnjelLuvs

[ QUOTE ]
Leslie_C said:
I would also like to know how u prevent frizz with them? I get much more frizz with this style than I do with braid outs.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought it was only me, but I also didnt let it fuly dry.

I only use fingers no combs to seperate, and style.

Wildflower

Grow, hair,Grow!!!
If you comb it it'll look frizzy and huge. Just use your fingers and be very careful while tying the knots to make sure the ends lye smooth otherwise I have the same problem as you.

Wolftrap

What do you do with the ends when you wrap them in the knots? do you just tuck them or do you pin them. I tuck mine and I also comb out each piece of hair that I am twisting all the way to the end so that it is not tangled when I take them out. Are you doing it wet or dry? As you can see from my pics, mine works out better dry I have more problems when I do it wet. so maybe you should try it that way.

Leslie_C

I knew better than to do them wet, that looked like a jacked up jerricurl. But on dry hair I got it to look cute one day, however by the time I got to work it had already frizzed and I looked like chaka khan....lol.

I want mine to look like yours, Wildflower! our length and texture is similar....maybe its bc I live in FL and there isnt much stopping the humidity around here!

Allandra

Thanks so much for starting this thread. Now I know how I'm going to wear my hair to my cousin's wedding on Saturday evening.

Wildflower

Grow, hair,Grow!!!
[ QUOTE ]
Wolftrap said:
What do you do with the ends when you wrap them in the knots? do you just tuck them or do you pin them. I tuck mine and I also comb out each piece of hair that I am twisting all the way to the end so that it is not tangled when I take them out. Are you doing it wet or dry? As you can see from my pics, mine works out better dry I have more problems when I do it wet. so maybe you should try it that way.

[/ QUOTE ]

I comb the ends and I use mini scrunchies to secure them. I have never tried the pins because the scrunchies work just fine, but you have to be careful to just place the scunchies over the knots and not twist them around otherwise the scrunchy will mark the hair and your ends will look like a hot mess. I simlpy place them over the knots and if I think it isn't tight enough,I plae a few more over it but I don't stretch and twist over again.
I hope I didn't make it more confusing.

Wolftrap

No I understand. I have never used scrunchies to hold mine or pins I just tuck them under. Also you hair seems a little past shoulder length and it is still that length when you do the bantus. I wonder why mine shrunk up so much????

Wildflower

Grow, hair,Grow!!!
[ QUOTE ]
Leslie_C said:
I knew better than to do them wet, that looked like a jacked up jerricurl. But on dry hair I got it to look cute one day, however by the time I got to work it had already frizzed and I looked like chaka khan....lol.

I want mine to look like yours, Wildflower! our length and texture is similar....maybe its bc I live in FL and there isnt much stopping the humidity around here!

[/ QUOTE ]

That maybe a problem because where I live is extremely dry. I also had problems with breakage when I lived in Rio because of the humidity. Make sure you use some serum or something oily to block the humidity when you make your knots