Calling all hair experts in the LCHF

Princess4real

I just paid $60.00 at a African American hair salon and it was for a touch up only!!! I love my hair so much and since I can't find a dominican salon close to me and I don't want to mess up my hair by doing a at home perm myself. I told her all I want her to do is to do a touch up. She washed the perm out for me and asked if I wanted her to put comditioner in it and I told her no I have conditioner at home. I told her to put a plastic bag on my head I will see her in 4 months. The price is not too bad since I will get a touch up every 4 months by a pro. I just started using the dominican conditioners and figured this might work where I will only trust them to do my touch ups I will condition my hair myself when I get home. Do you think I will get the same hair growth results? Do you think others who are in my shoes should buy the dominican products and just have a beauty salon do their touch ups? WE WANT LONG HEALTHY HAIR TOO! Please feel free to give any other suggestions. /images/graemlins/smile.gif DST Education first! We are more than just a pretty face!!

Princess4real

She wanted to put a conditioner in but, since I just started using the dominican products I didn't want her to put any other conditioner in my head. I went food shopping with my plastic bag on my head with my N.Y. yankee cap and came straight home to tell yall I'm chilling right now with a dominican conditoner on my head. She never heard of dominican doing black hair or their products. Thanks for your response I appreciate it. I know the $60.00 was a little steep but, desperate people do desperate things /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Princess4real

Your hair is very nice! She offered to set it in rollers but, I didn't want to sit there for 2 hours while my hair was drying and I have had bad experiences at african american salons so I'm a little paranoid when it comes to them. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

NGC

When you go in for your T/U, bring your own conditioner and have her apply it after your T/U.

Princess4real

Thanks for the suggestion and hopefully the suggestions will help other people who do not live close to a dominican salon! /images/graemlins/clap.gif

caress

See if you can find a salon that offers discounts. I know of salons that offer discounts for teachers, student, nurses, and seniors. They also offer discounts if you go on days that aren't busy like Monday-Wednesday. Also, I think the key to findning a good hairdresser is to ask people who have healthy hair and don't get any chemical processing during your first appointment. Allow the hairdresser to get to know your hair a bit and you get to see their styling techniques. Another thing is that we need to speak up more. Let the hairdressers know what we want. Finally, I'm partial to older hairdressers. They seem to focus more on healthy hair than the latest hair styles and weaves.

ms_kenesha

$60 is pretty much standard for all the places I know of, but next time let her put the conditioner in, I think your hair really needs it after the touch-up,.but you can later on when you get home, use a conditioner that you really like.

Princess4real

/images/graemlins/clap.gif True I guess the conditioner she had would have not damaged my hair. It's unfortunate but, I feel alot of african american hair stylists should talk to the dominican hair stylists and see what it is that they are doing to grow black women hair and maybe we will come back home! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif