Calling All Hairy Toed Individuals

comike

Okay, lately I've been doing my best to get my hair into good condition. I'm constantly shampooing and deep conditioning my hair with all of these wonderful products suggested by the ladies of LHCF AND moisturizing daily AND taking vitamin supplements (Nioxin Recharging Complex) to aid in the health of my hair. As a result, not only have I achieved a great head of hair on my head but I've developed HAIRY TOES!!! :eek: :eek: Now, I know I'm not the only one. Especially considering the amount of hair growth supplements and what not some of you ladies are ingesting. So....what can one do, or better yet what are you ladies doing?

BrwnSugaBabee

ok had to come in and see what this hairy toe business was about:lachen:
I don't have hairy toes but i have noticed a difference in my appearance since taking my hair vitamins and I will just leave it at that! ROFL:lachen: :lachen:

comike

my man will be coming to visit me in a couple of weeks. he'll see this lovely mane of hair but lo and behold when he looks low and beholds the toes......i need HELP!!! QUICK!!!

BrwnSugaBabee

lol ...well break out the shaving cream girl! I guess beautiful hair comes with a price HAHA..but maybe if you slow down on the vitamins that might help?

Blaque*Angel

i've been scared of my vitamins for 2 weeks now, i'm used to being silky smooth! :(

lol, luckily i didnt develope it on my toes though :eek: lol

comike

it's getting worse!!!!! i just came out of the bathroom, looking at myself in the mirror while washing my hands and what did i see....a curled up piece of hair under my chin!!!!! HELP ME!!!! I plucked that sucka immediately. What is really going on. In addition to the fuzzy toes, please don't let me be growing a beard.

BrwnSugaBabee

Girl I almost fell outta my computer chair...whooo! You dont want to turn out like that monster on the adam family with all the hair LOL..no im just teasing you. If it really bothers you I guess you just gotta weigh the pros and cons of your supplements. :look:

Denim And Leather

First I need to get this out the way....

:lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

Whew! Ok, I think what you should do is use some waxing strips. I have this embarrassing problem of light hair on my knuckles :Blush2:

I use "Hair Off Facial Wax Strips". They're individual wax strips that you pull apart, apply to the area you want to remove hair from, rub it in good, then pull it off fast. It doesn't really hurt, either.

Even though the packaging says it's for facial hair, you can use it for hairy toes and knuckles! :Blush2:

A box would run you between $5 to $7. You can get it at Rite Aid, or any type of drug store. Here's a link to what it looks like:

http://www.drugstore.com/qxp91986_333181_sespider/hair_off/facial_wax_strips.htm

HTH! :)

Last edited:

comike

Yeah, go ahead, laugh. I'm laughing at myself actually. But I'm not the only one I'm sure. I see that 80 folks have looked at this thread and no one has yet to confess they have the same problem. I'll take your advice and try those strips. Do you know if they leave any type of stubble. In my panic, I just tried shaving my toes but you can still see these little dots of hair.

Denim And Leather

comike said:
Yeah, go ahead, laugh. I'm laughing at myself actually. But I'm not the only one I'm sure. I see that 80 folks have looked at this thread and no one has yet to confess they have the same problem. I'll take your advice and try those strips. Do you know if they leave any type of stubble. In my panic, I just tried shaving my toes but you can still see these little dots of hair.

Hey, I admitted that I have hairy knuckles! Doesn't that count for confession? :lol:

zorra

Girl I hate to admit it but I have had extra hair growing in places I hate, one of those places would be my big toe there are two strands of hair. I even have grown thick hair on my arms which make me feel like a little boy and hair on my legs that make me feel like a grown ass man:lol: I will stop taking taking vitamins in June. But I can't complain too much because I have thick full head of hair and my temple and nape area which was fading do to relaxers is now filling in its full and I love to slick my hair back.

comike

Okay, 130'something ladies have checked out this thread and only two confessions for extracranial hair growth. :confused: Is no one else experiencing this problem?

Lucia

comike said:
my man will be coming to visit me in a couple of weeks. he'll see this lovely mane of hair but lo and behold when he looks low and beholds the toes......i need HELP!!! QUICK!!!
Nads, wax that stuff STAT..:lol: Nair even but you'll have to Nair every week though
I've noticed increased hairgrowth all over, I have to trim my brows every 2 weeks now it used to be every 4 weeks. MTG and vitamins woo

snoopy1me

comike said:
Okay, 130'something ladies have checked out this thread and only two confessions for extracranial hair growth. :confused: Is no one else experiencing this problem?

lol @ extracranial hair growth

Miss*Tress

comike, I was born hairy and am what some Jamaican men affectionately call a "hairy-skin woman". LOL That's one of the reasons why I don't take supplements because I don't need anymore extracranial hair.

Seriously though, I suggest you stop taking the supplements. Although it's not sure that the new sprouts will go back to being dormant, you want to prevent activating follicles elsewhere.

Good luck!

remnant

I'm hairy all over too, and always had hairy toes... that I had never remove:p ......now you're talking about it may be I will shave it!

comike

I used Nair Friday night. My toes are noticeably smoother. I've also discontinued the Nioxin vitamins and decided to concentrate on a more healthier diet and drinking more water. I got a pedicure yesterday and asked the manicurist what I could do, she said she usually plucks toe hairs on her clients and that waxing wouldn't work unless your hair was a considerable length. I'm glad my toes look better. Just one more thing to manage. It's no easy task being a female.

PrincessDiva

comike said:
Okay, lately I've been doing my best to get my hair into good condition. I'm constantly shampooing and deep conditioning my hair with all of these wonderful products suggested by the ladies of LHCF AND moisturizing daily AND taking vitamin supplements (Nioxin Recharging Complex) to aid in the health of my hair. As a result, not only have I achieved a great head of hair on my head but I've developed HAIRY TOES!!! :eek: :eek: Now, I know I'm not the only one. Especially considering the amount of hair growth supplements and what not some of you ladies are ingesting. So....what can one do, or better yet what are you ladies doing?
When I first read this post I laughed SOOOOOOOOOOOOO hard but guess what?? I looked at my feet today & realized my vitamins also made hair grow on my toes..My SO already commented on my hairy nipples:lol:( well, there are just a FEW long hairs):blush: I can handle this so far but if I start growing a beard I`m giving up the hair vitamins..I can`t have more hair on my face & chest than my man:nono:I too am taking Nioxin Recharging Complex.. I wonder if thats the culprit because I never had any excess hair problems until recently:perplexed

Last edited:

Tee

i have noticed that I have shave under my arms and legs more since I have started my vitiamins. I dont mind that all. I have always been a hairy person. Just shaving more now. it's all worth it.

*I love this thread. Gave me a few good giggles.*

P

patient1

HT Chick checking in.

Funny, I was looking at my toes today (flip-flop Sunday) and was like WOW are my toes hairy. They've always been that way and sometimes I remove the hair and other times not. I've been on NOT for a bit now and decided today that some waxing is in order.

I wouldn't suggest shaving your toes though.

p1

FlowerHair

Reclaiming my time
I've always been a hairy-toed individual! :D
I just shave them at the same time I shave my legs, no problem.

dreysonsmommy2011

Girl, you had me checking out my toes! Well, I didn't find any hair. However, I have noticed that my body hair is growing entirely to fast. I feel like a wooly mammoth with all this constant shaving that I am doing:lol:

Yeah, sorry but I naturally have hair on my toes AND light hairs under my chin which I was doing electrolysis for for about a year but then stopped due to money....

So I can't feel bad for ya! Join the club. If you just got one hair just pluck that bad boy and go on bout your business!

:)

good2uuuu

I'm juysthairy all over. And I'm not taking supplements. I jsut use nair on my toes and knuckles and shave and pluck the rest. Good luck!

Mizani_Mrs

Girl handle that the next time you shower. I tend to grow a hair or 2 on my big toe. I simply shave every time i shave my legs. no big deal. I am totally grossed out at the thought of seeing a woman with hair on her toes out in public. ewwww. its a win/win situation...u can continue taking the vites if you shave the hair and pluck your chin... :look: