Calling all NATURALS!

hOnii

My sister's birthday is coming up, and she just did the big chop and is now natural! I thought that I would put together a basket of products that would help her along her hair journey. Naturals help me out! If there were 5 products that you had to have, what would they be? So far here's what I've got...

Giovanni direct leave-in
Aubrey Honeysuckle Rose conditioner
BB Oil Moisturizer w/ castor oil & aloe
Denman brush #3
Qhemet amla & olive

I'm trying to decide on whether to get Aubrey sea kelp shampoo & cond & fantasia gel (blue)

What is a good shampoo to go with? I'm trying to stick with natural products as much as possible..

Thanks!

cheetarah1980

Elucence Moisture Balance Shampoo is that deal. Also get her a conair wide tooth shower comb for detangling. 100% unrefined coconut oil is also a good one to include.
Great gift idea. You're an awesome sister.

nurseN98

Ayiti cherie
I wish you were my sister...:lol:

In addition to what Cheetarah said, if you can get a k-cutter comb to throw in there that would be nice. I know I went through several combs/brushes before I found the best one to detangle with. Also some castor oil & Aubrey GPB protein conditioner. These will help in case she has scab hair or split ends in the beginning.

camellia

What a great sister you are!

I'd add:

avocado butter

hemp seed oil

sample size Alterna Hemp Hydrate shampoo and deep conditioner

a silk pillowcase in a neutral color

cmw45

CON (Creme of Nature) Detangling shampoo in the green bottle. This stuff is AMAZING...I couldn't live without it. I tried...and failed.

spiceykitten

I may go over your 5 limit but I cannot and do not live without these products:

Aloe vera gel

Satin pillowcase

Denman brush 3

Denman 15 comb

A good boar bristle brush (yep, I brush my hair, even while wet :eek: never had any breakage :look: )

Suave Coconut conditioner

Suave Clarifying shampoo

For deep conditioning: Dabur alma oil and ORS replenishing pak

A huge clip to put my hair in a bun

Fancy barrettes to decorate my bun: (barrettes are all plastic so my hair does not get cut by metal)

Scrunchie to put my hair up quickly (no cotton scrunchie, silky kind)

Beautiful silk scraves when I want that gypsy or Becky look with my big hoop earings.

Clips to part my hair. (need something to hold the lion king mane down when styling).

I went over your limit but I just cannot live without any of these products or things. I just cannot :p

spiceykitten

Oh how dare I forget!

Fantasia pink serum and my beautiful Fhi 207 iron for the days I want a straight look.

Since your sister is a new natural. I loved fantasia gel to give my curls more definition.

You are so sweet to do this for her.;) I hope she enjoys your presents.

Priss Pot

Makeup + Bench Pressing
The bare necessities for a good start:

1. Elucence Moisture Benefits Shampoo
2. Elucence Moisture Balancing Conditioner
3. Giovanni Direct Leave-in (or Qhemet Olive Detangling or Rusk Sensories Smoother)
4. Aloe Vera Gelly (Fruit of the Earth or Lily of the Desert)
5. A Butter for moisture (shealoe, avocado, baby buttercreme, etc.)

Oh, and you may want to throw in a cheapie conditioner like V05 for conditioner washes.

Priss Pot

Makeup + Bench Pressing
hOnii said:
thanks everyone!

can elucence be found in stores, or does it have to be bought online?

You can check on the Elucence website to see if there is a distributor in your area. If not, you will have to order it online. Curlmart is a great place to order.

tdenmil

Fantasia IC Gel
Herbal Essences Hello Hydration
My Conair Brush
BB Oil Moisturizer
Africa's Best Herbal Oil

Blackberry7

hOnii said:
My sister's birthday is coming up, and she just did the big chop and is now natural! I thought that I would put together a basket of products that would help her along her hair journey. Naturals help me out! If there were 5 products that you had to have, what would they be? So far here's what I've got...

Giovanni direct leave-in
Aubrey Honeysuckle Rose conditioner
BB Oil Moisturizer w/ castor oil & aloe
Denman brush #3
Qhemet amla & olive

I'm trying to decide on whether to get Aubrey sea kelp shampoo & cond & fantasia gel (blue)

What is a good shampoo to go with? I'm trying to stick with natural products as much as possible..

Thanks!

- Aveda Shampure (this smells nicer) or Sap Moss shampoo (this works better)
- Oyin Conditioner (I don't remember the name but I think its the only one they carry).
- Pure grape seed oil and/or Pure green tea oil
- A bottle or two of pure essential oil - most people can agree on lavender, mint or grapefruit
- Pure silk scarves
- A wide toothed comb

I know - you asked for five so this one too many but they're all the things I'd put in a gift basket.

Oh and don't forget to tell her about vitamins if she's not taking them already. I don't buy vitamins for grown people - that's a choice they have to make on their own but I always say something about beautiful hair starting from within so good nutrition is important.

ToyToy

Here's some more:

KeraCare Hydrating Detangling Shampoo

Joico Moisture Recovery Treatment Balm (deep conditioning AND detangling) OR/AND Pantene R&N Breakage Defense Hair Mask

Castor Oil

IC Fantasia Gel with Sparkle Lites (blue, the one for colour treated hair)

and a silk scarf.

PS: you're such a nice sister!!! :)