Calling ALL Photo users emphasis on 3c's but I all hair types may learn new info

luzminerva

Hello all,

I plan on texturizing and I want to use phyto. My goal is to keep the curl that I love so much but to loosen it and keep it from shrinking, it's like my hair is growing but shrinkage keeps it looking short.

I have type 3c hair.

I am interested in hearing from as many phyto users as possible, especially if you have 3c hair but I'm interested how phyto affects all hair types:
  1. What is your hair type?
  2. Which Phyto index I or index II?
  3. Do you use it to texturize (keep curl), texlax (almost straight) or relax (bone straight)?
  4. How long is your application time?
  5. How long is your process time?
  6. Are you combing it through or fingering it through?
  7. Do you add anything to the phyto mix like conditioner or olive oil?
In the past I used lye relaxers but they tend to burn my scalp. So I want to try phyto because what I've read on the board it seems healthier for the scalp and hair.

Thank you all!!!

MrsBKJ

Hello all,

I plan on texturizing and I want to use phyto. My goal is to keep the curl that I love so much but to loosen it and keep it from shrinking, it's like my hair is growing but shrinkage keeps it looking short.

I have type 3c hair.

I am interested in hearing from as many phyto users as possible, especially if you have 3c hair but I'm interested how phyto affects all hair types:
  1. What is your hair type?
  2. Which Phyto index I or index II?
  3. Do you use it to texturize (keep curl), texlax (almost straight) or relax (bone straight)?
  4. How long is your application time?
  5. How long is your process time?
  6. Are you combing it through or fingering it through?
  7. Do you add anything to the phyto mix like conditioner or olive oil?
In the past I used lye relaxers but they tend to burn my scalp. So I want to try phyto because what I've read on the board it seems healthier for the scalp and hair.

Thank you all!!!

Hello!
i have 3c hair and I have used phyto for over two years now...I think.

Which Phyto index I or index II? I use Index II
Do you use it to texturize (keep curl), texlax (almost straight) or relax (bone straight)?I use it to get my hair relaxed...its not bone straight but it is not curly...it has some waves to it.
How long is your application time?It depends on how much growth I have...i did a virgin relaxer on just short of BSL hair and then I did a touch up with about 7 inches of new growth. I apply it quickly but thickly
How long is your process time? I usually leave it on till I feel it is done...i think I left it one 45 minutes in total...including application to half a head.
Are you combing it through or fingering it through? use my fingers to smooth it but I comb my hair well before I apply to limit the tangles
Do you add anything to the phyto mix like conditioner or olive oil? No i dont add anything because I dont want to mess with the relaxers quality.

I do make sure that I use protein (leave in) and apply a conditioner...humectress or whatever I have and leave to air dry.
HTH
take care let us know

luzminerva

Thank you so much RachiQue. That helps a lot. I definately want to keep my curl. For now I am leaning toward a phyto index I until I hear more feedback from other phyto users.

I think I may repost this in one of the phyto support threads. I just found it.

Betsy

sareca

1. What is your hair type? 4a
  2. Which Phyto index I or index II? II
  4. How long is your application time? 7 minutes
  5. How long is your process time? 3 minutes
  6. Are you combing it through or fingering it through? I used the back of the comb
  7. Do you add anything to the phyto mix like conditioner or olive oil? I used styleone pure protein and aphogee EFA concentrated oil.

luzminerva

Thanks Sareca! Girl I just don't think I can apply it that fast. I think I am gonna go to my salon and have them do it. How much of the styleone pure protein and aphogee EFA concentrated oil do you put into the mix?

I'm a little torn now. Index I or Index II.....

luzminerva

Yup, index I is probably best. I am gonna go to the salon to have my girl do it.

Does anyone have the patience to list the ingredient in the index I relaxer. I'm interested in the ingredients to following straightening cream that comes with the kit:

Egg And Soya Active Extracts Straightening Cream

I'm not interested in the ingredients for the additional conditioners and shampoos that come with it.

Thx Ladies

Last edited:

luzminerva

I found a list of all the ingredients in all the products for both index I and II. What is underlined below is what is the main ingredient that breaks the bonds of the hair:

Ingredients INDEX I:

Pre-Care Balm - Zea Mays (Corn) Germ Oil (Mais). Petrolatum (Vaseline). Isopropyl Myristate. Butylparaben. Chlorphenesin.

Straightening Cream - Water/Aqua, Mineral Oil/ Paraffinum Liquidum, Emulsifying Wax NF, Propylene Glycol, Egg Extract/ Ovum Extrait D’(EUF). Steareth-100. PEG-75 Lanolin. Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate. Oleth-20. Cetearyl Alcohol. Peg-10 Rapeseed Sterol. Hydrolyzed Soy Protein (Soja). Fragrance/Parfum. Egg Oil/ Ovum (Huile D’Euf).

Inductor Index 1 - Water/Aqua. Guandine Carbonate. Xanthan Gum. Propylene Glycol. Yellow 5 / CI 19140.

Neutralizing and Cleansing Emulsion - Water/Aqua. Ammonium Laurel Sulfate (Derive D’Huile de Coco). Propylene Glycol. PEG-15 Cocopolyamine. Peg-7 Glyceryl Cocoate (Derives de Coco). Vinegar/ Acetum (Vinagre de Cidre). PEG-4 Rapeseedamide (Derive de Colza). Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride (Derive de Gomme Guar). Sodium laureth-11 Carboxylate, Laureth-10 (Derives de Coco). Fragrance/Parfum. Hydrolyzed Keratin (Hydrolysat de Keratine). Cinchona Succirubba Bark Extract (Quinquina). Sorbitol. Diazolidnyl Urea. Tetrasodium EDTA. Phenosulfonphtalein. Phenoxyethanol. Parabens (Methyl,Ethyl, Propyl, Butyl, Isobutyl).

Milky Restructurer - Water/Aqua, Cetearyl Alcohol (Derive D’Huille de Coco). Propylene Glycol. Distearyldmonium Chloride (Derive de Colza). DiCetyldimonium Chloride. Ceteareth-33 (Derive D’Huille de Coco). Acetamidoethyl PG-Trimonium Chloride, Stearic Acid. Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride (Derive De Gomme Guar). Mineral Oil / Paraffinum Liquidum. Lanolin Alcohol. Oleyl Alcohol. Canola Oil. Amodimethicone. Octoxynol-40. Isolaureth-6. Hydroxypropyltrimonium Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein (Derive de Proteines de Ble). Fragrance / Parfum. Butylparaben. Diazolidinyl Urea. Yellow 5 /CI 19140.

Ingredients INDEX II:
Pre-Care Balm: - Zea Mays (Corn) Germ Oil (Mais). Petrolatum (Vaseline). Isopropyl Myristate. Butylparaben. Chlorphenesin.

Straightening Cream: - Water/Aqua, Mineral Oil/ Paraffinum Liquidum, Emulsifying Wax NF, Propylene Glycol, Egg Extract/ Ovum Extrait D’(EUF). Steareth-100. PEG-75 Lanolin. Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate. Oleth-20. Cetearyl Alcohol. Peg-10 Rapeseed Sterol. Hydrolyzed Soy Protein (Soja). Fragrance/Parfum. Egg Oil/ Ovum (Huile D’Euf).

Inductor Index 2 - Water/Aqua. Guandine Carbonate. Xanthan Gum. Propylene Glycol. Yellow 5 / CI 19140. RED 4 / CI 14700.

Neutralizing and Cleansing Emulsion - Water/Aqua. Ammonium Laurel Sulfate (Derive D’Huile de Coco). Propylene Glycol. PEG-15 Cocopolyamine, Peg-7 Glyceryl Cocoate (Derives de Coco). Vinegar/ Acetum (Vinagre de Cidre). PEG-4 Rapeseedamide (Derive de Colza). Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride (Derive de Gomme Guar). Sodium laureth-11 Carboxylate, Laureth-10 (Derives de Coco). Fragrance/Parfum. Hydrolyzed Keratin (Hydrolysat de Keratine). Cinchona Succirubba Bark Extract (Quinquina). Sorbitol. Diazolidnyl Urea. Tetrasodium EDTA. Phenosulfonphtalein. Phenoxyethanol. Parabens (Methyl,Ethyl, Propyl, Butyl, Isobutyl).

Milky Restructurer - Water/Aqua, Cetearyl Alcohol (Derive D’Huille de Coco). Propylene Glycol. Distearyldmonium Chloride (Derive de Colza). DiCetyldimonium Chloride. Ceteareth-33 (Derive D’Huille de Coco). Acetamidoethyl PG-Trimonium Chloride, Stearic Acid. Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride (Derive De Gomme Guar). Mineral Oil / Paraffinum Liquidum. Lanolin Alcohol. Oleyl Alcohol. Canola Oil. Amodimethicone. Octoxynol-40. Isolaureth-6. Hydroxypropyltrimonium Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein (Derive de Proteines de Ble). Fragrance / Parfum. Butylparaben. Diazolidinyl Urea. Yellow 5 /CI 19140.