Calling All Tangled Haired Ladies!!!

StarScream35

abcd09

I feel your pain girl. I have been right where you are. I will tell you this, I have had to experiment with lots of different things to get to where I am and on that journey, I have lost hair and lost length many times. My journey began with trying to find the right products and regimen to keep my hair moisturized and boy that was a hot mess. My hair used to dry out real fast. I mean I'm saying, I tried all the techniques the sistas were using and nothing was working. I experienced major breakage flipping and flopping with different products until I struck gold. It was very disappointing because nobody wants to lose hair. Okay, after that came trying to figure out detangling. The products I was using were moisturizing my hair but I would still experience minor breakage and thinning due to detangling. It wasn't bad thinning or breakage but it irked me a lot cause my hair is kinda thin too and I hate that stringy look on me, I just can't stand it. I have finally got this thing figured out but let me tell you, it wasn't easy. I learned how to maintain length years ago, even before there was an internet, my problem was maintaining beautiful non-split ends and battling moisture/protein balance. I think you'll have to put on your armor and pick up a few dings and scratches until you get it girl but don't give up. Let me encourage you by telling you I have been where you are but I have gotten my hair waist length many times over. It is possible and I know you can do it too!

Oh and you are right about the 4ab texture and detangling. I'm positive the texture itself has more to with it tangling vs what products are used and protective styling and all that.

abcd09

@abcd09

I feel your pain girl. I have been right where you are. I will tell you this, I have had to experiment with lots of different things to get to where I am and on that journey, I have lost hair and lost length many times. My journey began with trying to find the right products and regimen to keep my hair moisturized and boy that was a hot mess. My hair used to dry out real fast. I mean I'm saying, I tried all the techniques the sistas were using and nothing was working. I experienced major breakage flipping and flopping with different products until I struck gold. It was very disappointing because nobody wants to lose hair. Okay, after that came trying to figure out detangling. The products I was using were moisturizing my hair but I would still experience minor breakage and thinning due to detangling. It wasn't bad thinning or breakage but it irked me a lot cause my hair is kinda thin too and I hate that stringy look on me, I just can't stand it. I have finally got this thing figured out but let me tell you, it wasn't easy. I learned how to maintain length years ago, even before there was an internet, my problem was maintaining beautiful non-split ends and battling moisture/protein balance. I think you'll have to put on your armor and pick up a few dings and scratches until you get it girl but don't give up. Let me encourage you by telling you I have been where you are but I have gotten my hair waist length many times over. It is possible and I know you can do it too!

Oh and you are right about the 4ab texture and detangling. I'm positive the texture itself has more to with it tangling vs what products are used and protective styling and all that.
Thank you for your encouragement. I really needed that today. Hair is just a minor part of life, but when things are less than par then you look in the mirror and see half of the progress you see others get after 4 years on the HHJ, you get a little discouraged. It's great to know that you have succeeded and are so positive about this. Thanks again. :hug2:I think I will have to try this product.