CALLING LHCF'ers for advice! HELP!

Iluvsmuhgrass

Yall I need some help. My sister's getting ready to do my nieces hair (relax) and I seem to be the only one to recall that she's the one that started that baby's hair to break in the first place. When my niece was younger, her hair was mid-back. When my sister started relaxing her hair (with Just For me) it broke off unevenly up to the nape of her neck.

Since our stylist is gone, my sister's wanting to slap a relaxer in my neices hair and I'm so afraid that my lil sweetie is going to lose her hair. It's back down to shoulder length and thick. It would be a blow to her if her hair came out..... She's 15 years old and at that fragile age.

As a concerned aunt, what can I or should I do? I've already talked to her about it....:(

Je Ne Sais Quoi

Oh nooooo!!!! I can see this going horribly wrong if your sister does not know what she is doing :mad: Can she put it off? Does it need to be relaxed right now?

Iluvsmuhgrass

Girl, she doesn't deep condition and wash more than maybe once a month and my nieces hair is always dry and brittle looking when she does it. I tried to talk her into cornrows or something to stretch that time.... but she keeps saying no I'm going to perm her hair.:(

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
:eek: Sounds like an INTERVENTION is needed! Are there any close family/friends that can get there and stop her before she does this!

LAWD!

I had a sister that did whatever she wanted to her daughter's hair (no matter how many times we told her about it). My poor neice had BALD edges/temples. :( 'Twas a shame. Now my older neice is taking care of the little one's hair and PRAISE GOD, Jharne's hair has filled in.