Can a blowout be done on natural hair?

soslychic

I ask because if it is possible to get smooth results from a home done dominican blow out on natural hair, it could possibly be a better alternative than the direct hot comb or flat iron heat. Have any 4a/b's rollerset, allowed to dry, and then added a touch of product before blow drying to produce silky straight results?

sundayschild

What exactly is this process that everyone seems to enjoy?

From what I can glean from the various posts it's a combination roller set/blow dry?

Please explain.

Ayeshia

well i remember looking at carefree's album and she silky rollerset with WGO minus the blowdrier, so with the addition of a blow dryer it may produce an even silkier set

cutebajangirl

I've seen it done on children in the Domican salons. I think the girl I had 3bc hair and they washed conditioned used a big comb with spaced out teeth and seperated it and then blew it with a brush just like they do on rollerset hair. HTH

inthepink

My mom and sis regularly get their natural hair blowdried and curled and it comes out very silky. They are in the 3 hair type category.

Zola

Sassygirl, thanks for posting that link! I apparently missed it the first time around.

Crysdon

Yes it can. I used to get blowouts every 2 or 3 weeks when I was natural and I had no unpleasant results afterwards.