~~Can a dermatologist. . .

dwsplaymate

Can a dermatologist help to heal my scalp internally? I haven't gone to one yet b/c my scalp is healed externally but internally it's still so painful from the hair glue being put on the scalp. Can a dermatologist help or should I just stick to seeing doctors?

longhairgoal

I'd go to a dermatologist. I say that because several years ago, I saw several general practitioners for a skin issue, and they really had no substantive advice. I went to a dermatologist, and although she hadn't had any experience with my problem (I am allergic to sunlight, believe it or not,) she was able to refer me to someone who had experience with my problem. Going to a dermatologist will save you money in the long run. I hope they're able to help you, and I'm sorry you're in pain.

adrienne0914

GEEZ!!! i can't believe you're still having pain from this!! it was a while ago that you first posted about it. RUN, don't walk, to your dermatologist!!!

dwsplaymate

thanks everyone. I called today and the soonest I can get in is Jan. 13th. Let's hope this will be the end of this terrible saga. I'm in serious need of prayer. Also, this is what scares me the most--does anyone know if hair glue on the scalp can actually cause permanent nerve damage?

diamond_nh

I read your previous post and I thought the pain would go away by now. The person that did this shouldn't be allowed to practice.