Can ANYONE PLEASE help me find...

Sonye93

...Dominican hair product alternatives to the products I already use? I am sooo excited because I wanna use Dominican hair products and my local BSS sells many of the products. The regimen I have now is ok, but I'm hoping using the new products will give me BETTER results. I MUST use protein each week my hair is fine and loves protein. So, here are the products:

• Aphogee Two-Minute Reconstructor
  • Shikakai Shampoo Bar (no tangles!)
  • ORS Replenishing Pak (deep conditioner)
  • Aphogee-Pro-vitamin Leave-in
  • Also need a product that can stop excessive shedding, that I can also use evry week.
Thanks guys, I hope I get many responses.....I'm soooo confused.

I've been using Dominican products all my life so I will help you out. There are some products you can find an alternative to, but I've also highlighted ones that you should definitely keep:

• Aphogee Two-Minute Reconstructor - Keep this one! I don't think there is a Dominican product out there that can compare or even come close to this. When I go to the Dominican salon they actually use this.
  • Shikakai Shampoo Bar (no tangles!) - Keep this one as well! I love Shikakai shampoo bars and the powders as well.
  • ORS Replenishing Pak (deep conditioner) - Miss Key Diez en Uno, Silicon Mix and Suela y Canela.
  • Aphogee-Pro-vitamin Leave-in - Salerm is a great one. Lacio Lacio is pretty cheap and is a great leave-in. I don't see anything wrong with keeping this product as well.
  • Also need a product that can stop excessive shedding, that I can also use evry week. - Try Alter Ego Garlic conditioner. Its actually an Italian product, but most Dominican salons carry this. I buy mine for about $25 for a large container and it can last me a few months. You can also buy over the counter garlic pills at the pharmacy and take them for shedding. I buy garlic paste (organic) and mix it with extra virgin olive oil, leave that in your hair for an hour. You'll smell like an Italian Restaurant LOL but its definitely works and stops shedding
I'm sure others can chime in. Good luck!

I know...I'm lazy, but I second BostonMaria.:look:
I have actually replaced some of my products with the Dominican ones mentioned above. Good luck!

MY FRIENDSS!!!!! They are all sisters, there are three of them. I showed em LHCF and other forums and hair care vids and what not. They became excited and started taking care of their hair (this was about a month ago). I have been doing this since May of this year. They decided to use Dominican products, since that's what their mom recommended for them. They use the Silicon Mix line and a few others. they showed me their progress pics and I was like what???? Their hair isn't much longer than it was before but its luscious and all healthy looking. One of the sisters has my hair type 4b/z and the other two 4a-ish. So I'm like.....I do everything right and still my hair doesn't look that great. So I figured why not try new products and see if it'll change anything...............so here I am.

Back