Which type of protein is in your reconstructor?

Islandgirl

Supergirl posted a list last week of all the different kinds of proteins that are often found in reconstructers/protein conditioners that was very informative.

After learning that hydolozyed keratin protein was the best, i was wondering what is located in your reconstructor. I use Joico K-Pak reconstructor and it has hydrolyzed human hair keratin. ( i have also used aphogee and dudley drc28 in the past, but i have no idea which protein these products contained)

Which type of protein does Affirm 5n1? Keracare reconstructor? Aphogee? Optimum? Aestelance? Redken? Mizani Kerafuse? Dudley DRC28? Aveda curresence? and any more brands that I didn't mention.

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Re: Which type of protein is in your reconstructor

K-Pak Here
and of course you already know that it has Hydrolyzed Human Hair Keratin

AngieK

<font color="brown">These are all listed in the order in which they occur on the ingredients lists:

Aveda Curessence:
Hydrolyzed Brazil Nut Protein
Wheat Amino Acids
Hydroxypropyltrimonium Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein

ApHogee Treatment for Damaged Hair:
Hydrolyzed Animal Protein

MOP Extreme Protein:
Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein
Wheat Amino Acids
Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein
Hydrolyzed Soy Protein
Hydrolyzed Milk Protein
Keratin Amino Acids

AngieK </font>

JenJen2721

Aphogee 2-minute Keratin Reconstructor has Cocodimonium Hydrolyzed Hair Keratin.

karezone

I am loving K-pak right now but I should work on using up that bottle of Keraphix I bought.

Islandgirl

thanks for the responses so far. karezone, what type of protein does keraphix contains?

Miss

[ QUOTE ]
Supergirl posted a list last week of all the different kinds of proteins that are often found in reconstructers/protein conditioners that was very informative.

After learning that hydolozyed keratin protein was the best, i was wondering what is located in your reconstructor.

[/ QUOTE ]

Islandgirl, what was the name of the thread with the list of proteins?

PrettyBrownEyes

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

After learning that hydolozyed keratin protein was the best, i was wondering what is located in your reconstructor.

[/ QUOTE ]

Islandgirl, what was the name of the thread with the list of proteins?

[/ QUOTE ]

I just bumped it up, It's called A Conditioner in Between. I hope that's the right one.

sylviaetc

islandgirl i noticed that you've used drc-28, i've been looking for someone who has used this all day! what was your experience? did you use it at home on your own? how did your hair seem afterwards. sorry for all the questions, but i was about to buy some when supergirl said that it was so good it should be used at a salon. anyway... i welcome your reply.

TIA

Islandgirl

hey sylviatec, i used it @ the salon. My hair was really damaged so everything that I used at the time I had a positive outlook on it. Because I was praying that my hair would repair. My hair was shedding at the time like crazy. But, it went well.

sylviaetc

oic,thanx for responding so quickly
anyway, i went to check out the price at my local salon and they want 20.00 per drc treatment;there has to be 6 treatments per bottle. they are getting over like fat cats! they're making more than 50% off the original bottle price! that's why i have to buy my own bottle...

ShaniKeys

I think Aveda Damage Remedy IRT is a reconstructor and I think the only protein it contains is quinoa protein.

Marley4920

I use Joico Daily Conditioner (K-PAK) 2x week, it has
hydrolyzed human hair keratin. I also use Nexxus Emergencee it has Hydrolyzed Collagen and DRC-28 (every 2 months or so) which has Hydrolyzed Animal Protein. My hair needs/loves protein. :lick: