Can burnt crispy hair be saved?- dominican experience

Imani

So i went to the dominicans yesterday and only wanted my roots blown a little bit. they blew all of my hair. Now, i've been this shop several times before and my hair normally turns out pretty decent. but today instead of the usual good conditioner smell it smelled BURNT. Its very crispy, dry, and thin and not holding any curl at all. :sad: i was so pissed last night i couldn't even fall asleep.

And i also just used a new relaxer recently bc i just moved to a new city and couldn't find anyone who used my old one. And since then my hair had been feeling weird.

Its so crispy that even if i just finger comb it, it is breaking off, even after putting some moisturizer and oils on it.

Should i just cut it off??? I absolutely hate thin damaged hair, and i'm not one to just hold on to thin strands for no reason. But, I'm sick of starting over. :sad: Am i jumping ship too soon?

awwww...im so sorry to hear that. I don't think you should cut it right away...you might just think its spoiled beyond repair because you are still upset about the experience.

Give it some time...and do a deep condition everyday for about a week or so to see if that helps any

Sorry about your bad hair experience but if your hair was in good condition before this why cut it off? I think your just feeling upset and frustrated. Why didn't you stop them when they were blowing it all out? I would have put an end to that sh*t real quick. I get tired of these stylists just doing whatever they want. Go ahead and dc your hair, it probably just needs some tlc. I think some good moisture and possible some protein might help but I'm no hair expert so see what else the ladies have to say before freaking out and whacking your hair off.

awwww...im so sorry to hear that. I don't think you should cut it right away...you might just think its spoiled beyond repair because you are still upset about the experience.

Give it some time...and do a deep condition everyday for about a week or so to see if that helps any

Thanks so much for your response! the burnt smell and breakage is freaking me out. I can see the short broken hairs sticking up on top of my head. I've calmed down a little since last night. and i put some moisturizer and oil on it and am wearing it up so i don't have to look at it.

I will try to do some deep conditioning- maybe with a cowash? However, i CANNOT shampoo my hair any more for at least a week. i've learned my lesson the hard way about shampooing too much. My hair texture is too dry for frequent shampoos.

you're jumping ship too soon. Don't get any blowouts for a while. Start deepconditioning with a moisturizing conditioner more often and longer than usual. Your hair will be back to normal in no time.

Thanks so much for your response! the burnt smell and breakage is freaking me out. I can see the short broken hairs sticking up on top of my head. I've calmed down a little since last night. and i put some moisturizer and oil on it and am wearing it up so i don't have to look at it.

I will try to do some deep conditioning- maybe with a cowash? However, i CANNOT shampoo my hair any more for at least a week. i've learned my lesson the hard way about shampooing too much. My hair texture is too dry for frequent shampoos.
I would do an intensive moisturizing DC and maybe a protein treatment to help rebuild the hait. Co-wash regularly (ever tried everyday?) for a week or two to get back the moisture your hair needs.

Stay away from the blowouts...serously.

Sorry about your bad hair experience but if your hair was in good condition before this why cut it off? I think your just feeling upset and frustrated. Why didn't you stop them when they were blowing it all out? I would have put an end to that sh*t real quick. I get tired of these stylists just doing whatever they want. Go ahead and dc your hair, it probably just needs some tlc. I think some good moisture and possible some protein might help but I'm no hair expert so see what else the ladies have to say before freaking out and whacking your hair off.

I think it was just the mental shock of my hair smelling burnt and seeing the broken hairs all in my bathroom floor and sink. this morning it STILL smells burnt. I've never had my hair smell like that when i leave the dominicans. I went ahead and let them blow it bc i didn't think it would hurt since i haven't had a full blow out in about two years. so i thought my hair was in decent enough condition to withstand it.

its sooo dry and i thought that once hair is extremely damaged from heat it can't be repaired.

Now that i have put it up so i can't look at it anymore, i'm feeling slightly better and maybe i will try some conditioning treatments to see if it can be revived

I would do an intensive moisturizing DC and maybe a protein treatment to help rebuild the hait. Co-wash regularly (ever tried everyday?) for a week or two to get back the moisture your hair needs.

Stay away from the blowouts...serously.

I'm scared to do any protein. My hair normally gets super dried out even with light protein sometimes. I"ve never really cowashed bc i wouldn't know what to do with my hair after that. It normally tangles too much if i airday. But i will think of something. I'm thinking maybe i need to get my moisture level up before i do any serious protein? and just try not to manipulate it.

I wouldn't cut it now...just stop getting blow outs for a while (or any direct heat)...get good deep moisturizing conditioner treatments.

I'm scared to do any protein. My hair normally gets super dried out even with light protein sometimes. I"ve never really cowashed bc i wouldn't know what to do with my hair after that. It normally tangles too much if i airday. But i will think of something. I'm thinking maybe i need to get my moisture level up before i do any serious protein? and just try not to manipulate it.

you say your hair tangles? You ever tried a mini-DC? midweek, apply deep conditioner while you're inthe shower and then rinse. It should help with the tangles.. Or oil-rinsing. What part of florida are you from?

you say your hair tangles? You ever tried a mini-DC? midweek, apply deep conditioner while you're inthe shower and then rinse. It should help with the tangles.. Or oil-rinsing. What part of florida are you from?

i actually just left tallahassee. graduated in august and moved to atlanta in september. i keep forgetting to change my location in my profile.

thanks for the suggestion! i may try this

Just give it sometime. Baby your hair with a good deep conditioner, message the scalp everynight, moisturize your hair twice a day, less or no heat, and finger comb. I hope this helps. sorry to hear about that.

Just give it sometime. Baby your hair with a good deep conditioner, message the scalp everynight, moisturize your hair twice a day, less or no heat, and finger comb. I hope this helps. sorry to hear about that.

Thanks for your response. I'm hoping to see some type of difference in a week or two and try to follow some of you all's advice. I really hope i don't end up having to cut it off. I like this length.

Wow, you got a lot of hair!

It might be alright once you wash it and do a deep condition. You might have to do a few times. I wouldn't cut just yet.

Back