Can diffusing cause damage?

Qualitee

I always felt that was her mode of heat damage b/c that's her near daily routine

and she lays it directly on her hair... i always felt like i got a little heat damage watching her diffusing videos

after she cut down the juiciest curly fro I had ever seen in my life:look: I saw her resume with this method again ....I was like noooooooo Taren noooooooo:grin:

I wondered whether she could accomplish that look (she wants) with a cold diffusing routine

(heyeell for all I know she could be using it on cool:perplexed:yawn:)
:lachen::lachen:

**SaSSy**

3rd Big Chop on 7/18/2016
I get the impression she knows her methods are not working, but she's stuck in her old habits/behaviors. She either doesn't care, or in denial it's not working.

Not only does she use high heat, she puts it on high speed which she said she does at least every 3 days. That sounds damaging to me.

Last edited:

RubyWoo

How can it be damaging? She's not evening straightening her hair in an attempt to remove the curl. All she is doing is trying to dry her hair while maintaining the curls and preventing too much shrinkage. I've never even heard of heat damage from diffusing. I don't believe it's possible.

EllePixie

All forms of heat are potentially damaging to the hair - including the sun and hot water. Blow drying your hair basically blows open your cuticle even on low heat, which makes your hair more susceptible to dryness, damage, and breakage. Diffusing the hair may lessen the chance for damage because the stream of air is not as strong or concentrated, but yes, the possibility is still there.

Article on Blow Drying and Damage to the Cuticle - http://journal.scconline.org//pdf/cc1998/cc049n03/p00141-p00153.pdf

Last edited:

Napp

Ms. Nobody
How can it be damaging? She's not evening straightening her hair in an attempt to remove the curl. All she is doing is trying to dry her hair while maintaining the curls and preventing too much shrinkage. I've never even heard of heat damage from diffusing. I don't believe it's possible.

i agree:yep:

NikStarrr

Not unless you are diffusing at a hot setting. I use to diffuse on a warm setting regularly with no issues. As long as the hair is moisturized, I don't see how it could do any damage.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF