Can I get away with this regimen???

ttlayli

It seems like a lot of ladies on the board wash their hair a couple of times or at least once a week. When I wear my hair curly, I'm pretty much cowashing everyday and washing once a week. When I flat-iron, I wash my hair every two weeks.

I was just thinking that maybe (since Im wearing my hair straight this winter, cuz it's COLD! :lachen:) that I could try washing every week. But I'm scared because I dont want to do more harm then good....

Heres what I'm thinking:

Amla Oil on scalp, Coconut oil on hair OVERNIGHT

Pre-poo with ORS Replenshing Pak/ Pantene R&N Mask

Shakakai Paste in hair for about 30mins

Rinse

I "wash" again with Shakakai Bar ( I do this to make sure my scalp and hair is clean and free of all the herbs and stuff from the paste)

Condish again with cheapie condish

Put in Chi Leave-In Mist..seal with coconut oil

Band OVERNIGHT

Once dry, I put a little Chi Silk Infusion on my hair then flat-iron with my FHI

WHEW! :rolleyes:

Sorry for the long post ladies! :blush: But this is what I do every two weeks!

So my question is, should I do this every week or just continue to do it every two???

i think whateva is working for you. if its not broke, don't fix it. i really believe in that. I have no experience with anything you do so I can't give advice, but like i said, if its worked up until this point (and we're almost through with winter) why try and change it.

i think whateva is working for you. if its not broke, don't fix it. i really believe in that. I have no experience with anything you do so I can't give advice, but like i said, if its worked up until this point (and we're almost through with winter) why try and change it.

Yeah I know what your saying....the only problem is that I dont know if it's working! I don't know if I'm making sense, but for YEARS I have been stalled at BSL...so I do know that I have a problem with breakage, but my hair doesnt really feel dry....If I dont put any type of moisturizer on my hair I know it can feel dry, but with a good press, it feels soft! It's really weird, sad actually that I don't know how my hair is supp. to feel when it's healthy. :sad:

I am a believer that the most effective regimens are often the most simple. That regimen seems like a whole lot and you may very well get tired of it real soon. Try the little stuff first than work your way up. Like Henna and Alma powder. Or try one by one replacing the products you use now for more natural products to give your hair strength. Do you style often? Try co-washing daily for a while.

I know I am throwing out alot but my point is SMALL changes make a big difference.

Yeah I know what your saying....the only problem is that I dont know if it's working! I don't know if I'm making sense, but for YEARS I have been stalled at BSL...so I do know that I have a problem with breakage, but my hair doesnt really feel dry....If I dont put any type of moisturizer on my hair I know it can feel dry, but with a good press, it feels soft! It's really weird, sad actually that I don't know how my hair is supp. to feel when it's healthy. :sad:

I am a believer that the most effective regimens are often the most simple. That regimen seems like a whole lot and you may very well get tired of it real soon. Try the little stuff first than work your way up. Like Henna and Alma powder. Or try one by one replacing the products you use now for more natural products to give your hair strength. Do you style often? Try co-washing daily for a while.

I know I am throwing out alot but my point is SMALL changes make a big difference.

I don't style at all really. I don't even bump my ends when I flat iron and for the past week I have been wearing nothing but buns. I have always wanted to try henna, but I'm afraid of my hair getting jet black...and not only do I not want to cover up my highlights, but with my skin color, the black hair might make me look washed out! :rolleyes:

I don't style at all really. I don't even bump my ends when I flat iron and for the past week I have been wearing nothing but buns. I have always wanted to try henna, but I'm afraid of my hair getting jet black...and not only do I not want to cover up my highlights, but with my skin color, the black hair might make me look washed out! :rolleyes:
Henna gives you a reddish brown tint... if you add indigo, thats what makes your hair black. so just get 100% natural henna and you'll be okay. It will enhance your already lovely brown hair, not make it black.

Henna gives you a reddish brown tint... if you add indigo, thats what makes your hair black. so just get 100% natural henna and you'll be okay. It will enhance your already lovely brown hair, not make it black.

Oh okay thanks! I will start looking into henna then! :yep:

The second wash may be contributing to your dryness. Shikakai paste does need to be rinsed out well, but is cleansing on its own. You don't have to wash your hair every week if it feels clean & fresh for longer. Try daily moisturizing and wearing protective styles to get over your BSL hump.

Cassia is another conditioning herb with similar properties to henna, except that it doesn't deposit any color.

Good luck!

If you aren't styling your hair at all and you're just putting it in a bun, why do you use heat? You can get your hair in an effective bun without the use of heat. I have a method that I use for after I'm completely done washing and DC my hair:

1. Add favorite condish rinse to hair and gather hair into a ponytail before rinsing.
  2. Leave hair the ponytail and let it air dry with a scarf after adding moistuizer, leave-in and hair oil.
  3. If edges aren't smooth enough, use 100% boar brush along with a little non-alcohol gel.
I'm able to get my hair into a nice pony and then from there you can bun it without the use of heat at all. I did this and it really helped my ends because not only did I keep heat from them, but I kept them protected.

IMG_0195.JPG

This is how it looks... and I'm 16 weeks post here.

If you aren't styling your hair at all and you're just putting it in a bun, why do you use heat? You can get your hair in an effective bun without the use of heat. I have a method that I use for after I'm completely done washing and DC my hair:

1. Add favorite condish rinse to hair and gather hair into a ponytail before rinsing.
  2. Leave hair the ponytail and let it air dry with a scarf after adding moistuizer, leave-in and hair oil.
  3. If edges aren't smooth enough, use 100% boar brush along with a little non-alcohol gel.
I'm able to get my hair into a nice pony and then from there you can bun it without the use of heat at all. I did this and it really helped my ends because not only did I keep heat from them, but I kept them protected.

IMG_0195.JPG

This is how it looks... and I'm 16 weeks post here.

Hey girl! To answer your question, the only reason I'm using heat is because I have MAJOR curls and it shrinks a lot! :lachen: And plus because usually sometimes I do wear my hair out, so I wanted the option to either wear my hair down or to bun it up! :drunk: But this thursday when I wash I was planning on just banding and not flat-ironing....so that my hair and roots could get pretty straight, but w/out using heat! Hopefully it turns out well!

The second wash may be contributing to your dryness. Shikakai paste does need to be rinsed out well, but is cleansing on its own. You don't have to wash your hair every week if it feels clean & fresh for longer. Try daily moisturizing and wearing protective styles to get over your BSL hump.

Cassia is another conditioning herb with similar properties to henna, except that it doesn't deposit any color.

Good luck!

Really?! The paste doesnt need to be rinsed out well??? I figured it will do more harm if it was little herbs stuck all in my hair! :rolleyes:

Hmmmm Cassia huh??? I never heard of that! I will def. do some research! Thanks so much girl! :spinning:

Back