Just wanted to post my regimen

tanyaj

Hey Ladies. I just wanted to post my regimen and possibly get feedback.

Every two days I cowash with VO5 mixed with coconut oil, evoo, castor oil, honey, and cholesterol.

After that I spray with Motions leave in conditioner and seal the ends with castor oil or coconut oil.

I air dry it about 85% and then blowdry it and flat iron(only after I apply
CHI heat protectant). I wrap it every night and apply Biosilk. When I comb it down in the morning, I apply either Biosilk or Victorias Secret So Sexy serum.

Once a week, I deep condition without heat and once a month, I clarify.

I don't use anything on my scalp.

I also take MSM, Biotin, Flaxseed, Fish Oil, Vitamin B, and Prenatal.

I will take any and all advice that is offered.

Last edited:

SEMO

Your regimen sounds solid to me (not that I'm an expert). I think it's especially good that you clarify since you use a lot of "cones" in your routine (like the Biosilk). And that you don't apply anything directly to your scalp (which could clog the pores and inhibit growth).

One thing I will say is, depending on how much you use, you may have to be careful using honey in your routine. It has peroxide like effects (especially combined with moisture and some oils I think) and can lighten your hair unintentionally.

If you want to avoid this risk I would make sure to heat the honey for at least 30 seconds (to destroy some of the peroxide effects, without loosing the great humectant effects) before adding it to any hair products/concoctions.

tanyaj

I don't always use both. Lately, I've been trying to alternate. Sometimes, I will blowdry and not flat iron for a week. Or I will not blowdry for a week and just flat iron.

tanyaj

Kusare, yes I do appy direct heat every week. I'm relaxed and it's not as long as I would like it to be yet, so there aren't to many options for what I can do with it after I wash it.

PPGbubbles

I air dry it about 85% and then blowdry it and flat iron(only after I apply
CHI heat protectant). I wrap it every night and apply Biosilk. When I comb it down in the morning, I apply either Biosilk or Victorias Secret So Sexy serum

You may wanna rethink this part of ur reggie... all that heat after co-washed cant be good. and wrapping every night sounds like a lot of manipulation

Last edited:

tanyaj

I wrap every night because if i don't, since I'm relaxed, it's the only way to keep it smooth. I wear it down because it's not long enough to do much else with, so it has to stay smooth.

tanyaj

I do use heat about 2-3 times a week. I haven't thought about protective styling because I can't/won't try wigs or phony ponies and it's not that long yet to do anything else.

J Hazel

Have you thought of wet wrapping your hair after co-washing to keep it smooth, as opposed to blow drying or flat ironing?

tanyaj

I havent done any protective styling because with my current length Im not sure what to do. as i previously said, i dont want to do phony ponies or wigs. im open to suggestions.

southerncitygirl

what about twist outs, braidouts, or wigs and only co-washing 1-2 times a wk? i'm worried about all that heat and the manipulation from wrapping to keep your hair straight. for me i feel less is more and sometimes when we do too much we potentially set ourselves up for a setback.