Can somebody help me with this question?

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
Will anybody help me with this question, please?

As u guys know, I recently went natural and did my final BC 6/17/05. I've been enjoying my natural hair. It's very curly and cute twa. Many have complemented me and some look at me w/ a critical eye. One girl at work said my hair was pretty and that was nice. Now people are asking me what type of hair do I have. I kinda hate asking because I have no pics yet. Please see if u can help me from this description: My hair is really curly. I tried to separate the curl to see if it is S shaped, but I couldn't. The top of my head is the shortest and the curls are real tight, like corkscrews- the side curls are bigger and more loopier. When my hair dries, the curls remain, but are somewhat frizzy. I always thought I had 4a/b hair, but acc. to Andre 4b hair has no curl pattern. When I was relaxed, my hair was never relaxed strait and was always very wavy and bushy. I really am confused about my hair and don't remember having very curly hair as a child. My mom told me that my curls will grow down as my hair gets longer. What hair type does this sound like? Sorry for being a pain, but please help anyway, if u can.

Last edited:

Dolapo

Re: Will anybody help me with this question, please?

maybe you shouldnt think too hard about your hair type. just work with it.......

Shatani

maybe 3c/4a.....sounds similar to mine, but i dont have big loopy curls...and some areas dont curl at all for me....

deedabug

over time the shape of ur curls so to speak may change as it grows out...i cant remember what length u chopped to....but i agree with dolapo....juss take care of it...

besides most ppl that ask u what kinda hair u got...wont know the difference between a 3a b or c and wil probably juss look upside ur head lol...

Cincysweetie

I don't get why this was rated 2-star, you were just asking a what would seem to be a simple question. Hair typing is somewhat confusing, and can be even moreso without a picture. I don't really know, but I would assume it is in the 3b/3c range also. If you still would really like to know what it is after you get some pics posted I would ask again. If you're co-workers understand the rating system, maybe you could ask them their opinion on what your hair type is.

Cichelle

You might look at other people's albums and see if you can find someone who has hair similar to yours. Hairtyping can be very confusing, especially when you have more than one texture going. I am just now kind of starting to understand it. I don't think it's very important, except it has helped me when I wanted to get an idea of what might and might not work for my hair. When you have pictures, it will be easier for people to give you an opinion. Sounds like 3c/4a, but again, I'd have to see it.

MeccaMedinah

Dolapo said:
maybe you shouldnt think too hard about your hair type. just work with it.......

Yep!

deedabug said:
but i agree with dolapo....juss take care of it...

besides most ppl that ask u what kinda hair u got...wont know the difference between a 3a b or c and wil probably juss look upside ur head lol...

They probably will...

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
Thanks for your help, y'all. I was trying to figure out my hait type also for hair products to get. Alot of the stuff I have now worked great with my texlaxed hair, but not now! The only thing that works for my hair now is my MTG. I've tried products galore and I'm really working on keeping my curls moisturized and soft. The one thing that has been working is the no heat regime. I basically airdry my twa. I have no shedding whatsoever, so I know my hair is the healthiest it's ever been.I have been trying to research natural info, look at fotkiis and am trying even harder to keep my regime simple. This is all new to me and I am so excited to see my hair blossom and grow even more. Thanks for your continued help and patience! :) Any more natural tips will be appreciated.