Can someone help me post a hair pic?

LovelyLionessa

I have a hair pic that I would like to post in my siggy. But when I create the properties link and paste it into the Mountain Icon blank, the pic won't post, I just get that little white box with the red x in it. :(

I feel so dystfunctional not being able to post a pic. I don't know if the pic is saved incorrectly on my computer or what. Can anyone help me please? :user:

GlamourGirl

Hi Priestess, I know how ya feel about posting pics. What I do is go to photobucket, upload the pic, and copy and paste the URL into the mountain symbol thingy. That's the only way I can get it to work for me. I hope I was of some help to you!:)

prettywhitty

I don't know if you have a fotki, but you can hotlink the pic from there and it should show up in your siggy.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
I can never get the pics to work from fotki, I think you have to have a paid subscription there. Photobucket should be the easiest way. Make an account there and upload the pic from your computer to photobucket then just copy the IMG Code into your siggy. You shouldn't even need the mountain icon for this because photobucket does all the html for you.

navsegda

Miz Jackson said:
I don't know if you have a fotki, but you can hotlink the pic from there and it should show up in your siggy.

Fotki does not allow hotlinking (at least not for free accounts). It will show up for awhile until they trace where their bandwidth is being used and catch you, but after that you will either get a Red X or you will get the automatic Fotki logo.

To Priestess, upload your pics first to somewhere like tinypic.com or photobucket.com. Both sites allow hotlinking. Then paste the link into your siggy.

navsegda

Priestess said:
I have a hair pic that I would like to post in my siggy. But when I create the properties link and paste it into the Mountain Icon blank, the pic won't post, I just get that little white box with the red x in it. :(

I feel so dystfunctional not being able to post a pic. I don't know if the pic is saved incorrectly on my computer or what. Can anyone help me please? :user:

Oh yeah, you will also get a red X if you are trying to post a picture directly from your computer.

fmnnity

Priestess said:

I just posted mine for the very first time today. I had been putting it off for months. I did it with imageshack. I wouldn't say it was super duper easy to figure out, but once I got the hang of it, it only took me minutes to post them. I uploaded them to image shack, then I put the url (I think that's what it's called) in the "Mountain Icon Bank." I had to remove some extra words then I previewed. I am trying to figure out how to put words directly under the individual pics though. HTH

LovelyLionessa

Thanks guys so much for the support and help. I'm going to go check out photobucket.com and see what's going on there. :fan:

ETA: I just tried to upload the image from my computer and got this error message:

The file "Hair pics"" does not have a valid image extension.
Valid image extensions are: gif, jpg, jpeg, png, bmp, swf

I think there is some sort of problem with the way the image is saved on my computer. :ohwell:

Last edited:

navsegda

Priestess said:
Thanks guys so much for the support and help. I'm going to go check out photobucket.com and see what's going on there. :fan:

ETA: I just tried to upload the image from my computer and got this error message:

The file "Hair pics"" does not have a valid image extension.
Valid image extensions are: gif, jpg, jpeg, png, bmp, swf

I think there is some sort of problem with the way the image is saved on my computer. :ohwell:

What is the format of the pics you're trying to post? They should be in .jpg. To change a file extension, open up the pic in whatever image editing program you use, go to File>Save As and in the box under the file name, it says "save as type" and you should choose .jpg from the dropdown menu.