Post your BC pic and a pic of your hair today

lesedi

All is well with me
I need inspiration :(
My 1 year natural anniversary is in 5 mnoths and my hair is nowhere near as long as i thought it would be by now.
Natural Ladies, please post pics of your BC and please a post a pic of your hair now so we can see what is possible :)
I think a lot of people will be inspired:grin:
Please say how long it took from pic A to pic B.

Thanks girlies

Amoreofcurls

Not BC but how my hair was on the start of my healthy hair journey

Recent

Blown out twist out

Twist out last week(not blown out)

Wash n go pony in 09

Recent

DejaVu2

I've uploaded the pics of BC up until 6 months.

I can't waitttttttt for it to be 1 year. Right now I try to not look at my hair or take pics because I'm getting real impatient.

I know my growth isn't much (it's only been 6months) but I've made some progress & hope that inspires you even though you've mostly likely got more hair than me, lol.

GOOD LUCK on your journey @lesedi and keep us updated :grin:

ETA: My BC anniversary is in 5 months too ahhhhhhh! lol. Checking this thread for more inspiration.

Ladies your pics are beautiful but my thanks button is still not working. Looking all good! :lick:

Last edited:

lesedi

All is well with me
I've uploaded the pics of BC up until 6 months.

I can't waitttttttt for it to be 1 year. Right now I try to not look at my hair or take pics because I'm getting real impatient.

I know my growth isn't much (it's only been 6months) but I've made some progress & hope that inspires you even though you've mostly likely got more hair than me, lol.

GOOD LUCK on your journey @lesedi and keep us updated :grin:
DejaVu2
lovely hair! and it looks like great progress to me

DejaVu2

@DejaVu2
lovely hair! and it looks like great progress to me

Thanks hun @lesedi But I'm feeling stressed like you. I wanna be MBL now...... like now now :lachen:

Do YOU WANNA see the hairstyle I did the other day. :nono:

I think Ima throw a weave on this ish.

I can't take it no more.

Last edited:

lesedi

All is well with me
Thanks hun lesedi But I'm feeling stressed like you. I wanna be MBL now...... like now now :lachen:

Do YOU WANNA see the hairstyle I did the other day. :nono:

I think Ima throw a weave on this ish.

I can't take it no more.
DejaVu2
I'm sorry girl but:lachen:
I'm just as anxious. I did a 'puff' yesterday and i got looks of pity....i know what you're going through:yep:
Love ya but if you threw a couple of barrettes in that style you could be 5 again:lol:

DejaVu2

@DejaVu2
I'm sorry girl but:lachen:
I'm just as anxious. I did a 'puff' yesterday and i got looks of pity....i know what you're going through:yep:
Love ya but if you threw a couple of barrettes in that style you could be 5 again:lol:

LOOL tell me about it.

I swear to God I hate my hair right now. This awkward stage is killing me and my family&friends are loving it right now :lachen:

Nevertheless it's a cool experience. I've always wanted to start from scratch... duno why :lol:

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
I'm in the HYH challenge... so I'll post old and random pics for you!

Big Chop, Wet hair 11/25/2006

Twists one year later on braid-stretched hair. 11/2007

Last edited:

DejaVu2

@Conterria - Damn gurl, your hair rocks!

When my hair grows up it wants to be like yours.

You ladies are making me wanna jump on some hair steroids. :lol:

bride91501

My BC June 2010

August 2011

I've had 3 trims since my BC, the most recent of which was done right before the first August pic was taken.

Last edited:

hair4romheaven

Pics from siggy.
last set of pics are a 6 mnth comparison of my stretched fro.
ETA: I trimmed twice since my BC. 10/10 & 7/11.
Every time I look at my BC photos I laugh. It looks so busted. Its actually blow dried and I had it in a ponytail all day. I was able to pony after my 9 mnth transition on blown out hair.

Last edited:

BostonMaria

The attachment is my hair EXACTLY four years ago. I did the BC Sept 2007.

This is a picture of my hair taken in January (3 1/2 years after the BC). Please keep in mind that I had about 5 inches of hair when I BC'd.

Attachments

• Dsc02824-BC.JPG
    Dsc02824-BC.JPG
    55.7 KB · Views: 397

Sammie7

:look: I haven't posted in a million years, so bear with me. If you go to my photobucket don't judge me for those styles I wore back then lol. Those funky things got me to wear I am today, lawd.
Day of BC Dec 19, 2007. Yes I remember the exact day lol:

Texture pic of my tiny coils from April 2010:

Last time I blow dried/flat ironed in July 2011:

First Blow dry/Flat Iron in July 2011:

I have been natural for over 3.5 years now and the first time I used any heat was this May 2011, so we'll see how it goes. As you can see I still get a lot of shrinkage with flat ironed hair, because it is not bone straight, but that is fine with me as I like the fullness. I've been keeping it blowdried to help slow down these ssk's. I should have been WSL a long time ago, but these suckas don't play and I've had to trim a lot lol! All that to say I love my naps and I will spare yall the pics of my relaxed/ jacklaxed days as I was TOE-UP, chewed-up neck length lol. :lol:

Last edited: