Can someone recommend a good hot oil treatment?

Kiki82

I am on the hunt for an awesome hot oil treatment. I was looking at queen helene cholesterol hot oil treatment, but I don't know how good it is. Has anyone ever used it? How did it leave your hair?

Anywho, I just want something that's good...

thanks ladies...

Kiki82

Soliel185

I don't do hot oil treatments, but I know alot of people on the board like Olive or Coconut oil. I've heard of mixing the Olive oil with Honey also.

I like to use peanut as a sealant, and someone advised using it as a hot oil treatment -- it's cheaper than olive and coconut. HTH

Heat up the coconut oil for sure! It's natural, and is one of the few oils that will penetrate the hair shaft as opposed to just sealing it. Add heat, leave on while you do some errands or overnight and your hair will love you for it!

Kiki82

Heat up the coconut oil for sure! It's natural, and is one of the few oils that will penetrate the hair shaft as opposed to just sealing it. Add heat, leave on while you do some errands or overnight and your hair will love you for it!

Is this good for relaxed hair? what brand of coconut oil are you guys using? has anyone ever used wild growth hair oil as a hot oil treatment?

Is this good for relaxed hair? what brand of coconut oil are you guys using? has anyone ever used wild growth hair oil as a hot oil treatment?

Coconut Oil is good for any hair, unless you just have the type that doesn't like oil. I have the wild growth hair oil, but it never did anything for me, so I'm not sure how it will work as a hot oil treatment.

Off Topic: Matter of fact, if anybody wants a dang near full bottle of the stuff, just PM me. It's taking up space.

Have you ever thought about using Ojon Restorative Treatment? It is EXCELLENT. Pricey, but great. I actually tried it after a relaxed friend that swears by it recommended it. Might give you the result you are looking for.

TexturedTresses

I use a mixture of olive oil, castor oil, coconut oil (mostly coconut), red palm oil, wheat germ oil, jojoba oil and honey. I'm thinking about adding sunflower oil to it too. The red palm oil leaves a HUGE mess in your shower that you will have to clean off though.

Kiki82

Coconut Oil is good for any hair, unless you just have the type that doesn't like oil. I have the wild growth hair oil, but it never did anything for me, so I'm not sure how it will work as a hot oil treatment.

Off Topic: Matter of fact, if anybody wants a dang near full bottle of the stuff, just PM me. It's taking up space.

Have you ever thought about using Ojon Restorative Treatment? It is EXCELLENT. Pricey, but great. I actually tried it after a relaxed friend that swears by it recommended it. Might give you the result you are looking for.

I will look for this product...thanks

I use a mixture of olive oil, castor oil, coconut oil (mostly coconut), red palm oil, wheat germ oil, jojoba oil and honey. I'm thinking about adding sunflower oil to it too. The red palm oil leaves a HUGE mess in your shower that you will have to clean off though.

do you put these oils on wet hair that has just been shampood'? or dry hair?

InNeedofHairapy

Most hot oil treatments are made with oils that only coat the hair shaft, but don't penetrate.

I would use some good old olive oil or cocnut oil. I've heard of people using almond and avocado oil too.

try adding oil to your conditioners too..especially in the winter time....

MissMusic

Coconute, Olive, Grapeseed, Jojoba, or Avocado Oil for a pre-poo. I have found that all of these oils work for me. I apply to my hair, put on shower cap, sit under my soft bonnet dryer for 5 minutes, put on my satin bonnet and go to sleep, next day I shampoo.

Kurlee

Coconut oil works well! So does olive and avocado. Does anyone know if castor oil penetrates with heat?

LABETT

I like Nutrine Garlic Hot Oil TX,Olive Oil,Castor and Jojoba Oil Mixed together.
I have not tried using Coconut Oil as of yet.