Can U Get Your Hair to do this? Pls Tell Us How!!! (pic)

sengschick

The Bun Master
I don't know if this is Bey's hair or not, but around the hairline it's blending well if it isn't. This is exactly (almost) how I want my texturized hair to look... full hair w/defined curls, that are soft and touchable, not heavy w/product and oils. How do u do it???

fulto007

From what I have read, heard, and seen on the internet, Beyonce has a lace-front weave. Her natural hair is nowhere near that long. She wears her weave well though!

simplertimes

@ sengschick : I don't think that this Beyonce's hair, I believe her real hair is long, but her texture is unknown......I mean I saw in an old issue of Glamour when a stylist showed her natural hair and it was nowhere near this refined curl definition...........she has too many natural looks for you too tell.......

I would say maybe you should go to the salon that specializes in curly hair for more curl techniques........

sengschick

The Bun Master
Tracy said:
ARGH! It won't stay!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's there, it's there. I can see it. So this is just an air dry no products? Do u think if I picked it out a bit mine would look like Bey's? I think I need to straighten my hair more in the back.

Carefree

To get this look I would apply a holding product when wet. Either airdry or sit under a hooded dryer until fully dry, then to make the curls looser and uniform I'd use a diffuser while pulling or stretching sections of the hair until you reach the desired fullness and looseness of your curls. Similar to Curve's "fingerstyling" method.

Or you could also try twists and when you twist-out separate the curls for a fuller look.

Lorraine

My hair looks like that if I let it air dry and apply no oil or moisturizer whatsoever but it feels dry so I I need a good leave in. I would recommend washing your hair and using a very thick leave in like Humectress, Humecto, or Elasta QP mango butter. Separate hair into four sections, apply moisturizer thoroughly, then scrunch (use a blow dryer if you need assistance and don't want to run out of the house with wet hair).

If your curls aren't defined it helps to 'train' them by braiding very wet hair then taking the braids out (while hair is still somewhat wet) and scrunching with a moisturizer of your choice. :)

Last edited:

Tonya

Tracy I WANT YOUR HAIR! It is so pretty! I need a corrective texturizer becuase wet my curls are WAY tighter than that...that could be why I ahve so much frizz huh? Check it...here is my wash adn go...

renee_n_3000

I'll reply as though it is her real hair, though of course I don't know if it is or not.

This looks like hair that has been airdried with no product added. That is why it is so full and has little shine. The color adds to the lack of shine though. If your hair is dark, it should have more shine than this even without product added. You should not have to do anything to your texturized (or naturally curly) hair to it to get this look, other than scrunch it gently with your fingers immediately after washing/conditioning and making sure not to comb or brush it as it is drying, or after it is dry.

If you add a light gel or a light oil to it at some point as it is drying, it will be very shiny and have a flatter, smoother appearance. But, without anything added, this full, poofy look is what you'd get. You can add a bit of oil, though, and still have very touchable, non-heavy hair. :) I prefer to do that when wearing my hair curly/wavy, because I do not like it to be so big. :)

Last edited:

Lorraine

Tracy and Tonya this is old news but you have beautiful hair. I love the curls. And Tracy I was worried you had gone and left LHCF. It's refreshing to see your name pop up again. :)

AceH

Thanks for sharing your pics Tracy :) Your hair looks very healthy and shiny. I love the color as well :up:

Yup, the challenge is finding a moisturizing holding product.

Carefree said:
To get this look I would apply a holding product when wet. Either airdry or sit under a hooded dryer until fully dry, then to make the curls looser and uniform I'd use a diffuser while pulling or stretching sections of the hair until you reach the desired fullness and looseness of your curls. Similar to Curve's "fingerstyling" method.

Or you could also try twists and when you twist-out separate the curls for a fuller look.

Tonya

Lorraine said:
Tracy and Tonya this is old news but you have beautiful hair. I love the curls. And Tracy I was worried you had gone and left LHCF. It's refreshing to see your name pop up again. :)

Thanks but Ia m still trying to get my curls to not be so frizzy...I lOVE tracy's and yours too! Will u plase put that curly updo pic back in your album please?

sengschick

The Bun Master
Okay my twistout nor braidouts come out like this. The look like twistouts, this looks natural. Tonya knows what I mean b/c before I correct my hair looked like that. Looking @ your wet hair Tracy I think I need a little less curl in my strands. Just a little in the back. I need to air dry my hair and see what in the world it looks like.

Does anyone ever weigh their ends down w/something and air dry or dry under the bonnet. I don't want to use direct heat (or any if possible). I wondering if that will stretch my hair and give me this look. :scratchch

Lorraine

Tonya said:
Thanks but Ia m still trying to get my curls to not be so frizzy...I lOVE tracy's and yours too! Will u plase put that curly updo pic back in your album please?

Of course. I will do it tonight. ;)

Tonya

sengschick said:
Okay my twistout nor braidouts come out like this. The look like twistouts, this looks natural. Tonya knows what I mean b/c before I correct my hair looked like that. Looking @ your wet hair Tracy I think I need a little less curl in my strands. Just a little in the back. I need to air dry my hair and see what in the world it looks like.

Does anyone ever weigh their ends down w/something and air dry or dry under the bonnet. I don't want to use direct heat (or any if possible). I wondering if that will stretch my hair and give me this look. :scratchch

Sengs based on your pics u look liek this just a tighter curl. I definately need a corrective. My hair is TOO tight. How long do you usually wait?

Tracy

Lorraine: :kiss: thank you chica....

Sengs I'm sending you a PM with the curl how to. I actually think it works BETTER with MORE curl in your hair, so I don't know if I'd go taking any out. :nono:

Bear in mind that I have, and it looks like Bey does too, LAYERS cut into my head that help the curls fall in that "big" shape.....these pics are not recent - they're from this past summer. My hair was REALLY damaged and I had either just cut, or was just about to cut about 4 inches off....that matters because the degree of curl I got was essentially WITH overprocessed hair - which is harder to encourage a curl in. I'll try to send u a more recent pic soon. Don't do ANYTHING with checmicals yet tho! More natural curl is better. That pic is of my hair POST product....so there is product in it. TONS even, comparatively speaking....

If your hair is natural you can probably get it naturally, but I've pretty much got getting curl on relaxed hair down to a science! :) I'll PM you.

And thanks for the compliments Tonya and Lorraine :) I'm flattered. These are very old and very bad pics and my hair was VERY damaged. So that's nice to hear that it looks nice. ;)

Tracy

andreamaria said:
Thanks for sharing your pics Tracy :) Your hair looks very healthy and shiny. I love the color as well :up:

Yup, the challenge is finding a moisturizing holding product.

Thank you andreamaria! :)

sengschick

The Bun Master
@Tonya: I think it's getting close, but no cigar :nono:. I'm not happy w/my air dry yet for a few reasons. The major thing being the different levels of processing. I think my back needs a smidge more relaxing. I only correct when I touch-up, so 12-16 wks.

@Model: Ya think? :scratchch It must be twice as many braids then I typically make. I never comb mine out, so maybe I could try that, maybe once it's a few days old.

@Tracy: :grin: I'll wait for my PM. I think you are absolutely correct on the whole layering thing. My length is in my crown so I don't have that kind of movement or shape. :ohwell: All of those longer hairs are kinda just hanging over the rest of the hair. I figured I could get by w/just wearing it w/a headband or something. The only reason I'm considering a minor chemical adjustment is b/c it's not all even in texture, so this one side is still not fully cooperating. It's not going to all match for along time, but I can't have this one side drawing up on me. Shrinkage is already a factor.

LiLi

I know I'm late but my hair looks like this when I put about 30+ twists in my hair. The only product I use when I know I am going to do a twist out is L'oreal Smooth Intense Serum. After my hair is dry I take the twists out. Then I carefully separate the twists even more to make it look bigger. Also, I just gently fluff it out to make it bigger (the more you fluff the bigger it gets). It's very soft and airy when I do this.

Dreamn

Chasing the Unicorn
her hair looks like this bohyme brazilian wave hair that i saw on hairfactor.com. it's cute, but my guess is that its probably some expensive weave. but maybe if you do a combo of braid outs and twist outs?