Can you help a newbie out?

Detangle

Hey everyone Im happy newbie that need any tips/advice for pre-poos and co washes. My hair type is 2A/B (I think). Its definitley not a 4 or 3C.

When in need of a perm, i can click it with some water and slab the edges with some grease. After a while it will look frizzy. For the most part, its fine/thin/soft.

I know a picture of my hair would help and Im working on that.

Thanks
xoxo

welcome! I have 4ab hair so I can't offer any suggestions. Let's bump this up to see what the rest of the ladies have to say. :)

For prepoos you can try any combination of honey, oil, egg, mayo, conditioner, coconut milk, or yogurt.

For cowashes you can start experimenting with cheapie conditioners like suave or vo5. If they dont work then you can work your way up to a more expensive brand of conditioner. Everyone is different and some people do not like cowashing.

Welcome, newbie!:)

Aveda's Sap Moss Concentrate is the only pre poo I will bother with. It's very nourishing and I can definitely notice a difference when I use it.

During the summer, and when I'm working out like crazy I co wash with cheapies like Suave. However I really love Nexxus Therappe and Alterna's Hemp Hydrate for shampoos. They're very gentle and my hair never feels dried out after using them.

Thank you so much cameilla. I was starting to get scared. I'm starting to think that my hair is a mixture of 2a/b and 3a. I guess I really need to post some pictures so you all can chime in.

Re-ce said:
Thank you so much cameilla. I was starting to get scared. I'm starting to think that my hair is a mixture of 2a/b and 3a. I guess I really need to post some pictures so you all can chime in.

Aww, don't get scared, Re-ce!:lol:

Hair typing can be difficult because most people have more than one texture on their heads and someone how none of them look just like the pictures offered with the hair type descriptions. I'm still not 100% sure of my own type, I just know what products ans techniques work for me now.

Hey Re-Ci girl!!!:p So good to see you here, I hope you stay a while an post a lot, can't wait to see those pics :D

The ladies here have tons of helpful and great advice, it sounds like you are already off to a great start ;)

Back