Canola Oil?

GeauXavi

So ummm...I'm too broke to afford olive oil...used it to cook with the other day:ohwell:so I'm pre-pooing with canola oil and ORS Mayo...

I'll let y'all know how my little experiment goes...lol

I'm going to air-dry and flat iron...then set on rollers for a little extra bounce...:look:

naijamade79

Girl, go to job lot or is it odd lot? you guys know what i mean:lachen: you can can get a 17 oz bottle of EVOO for $3.50!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A_Christian

How did your rollerset turn out? I have been looking at my canola oil that I cook with out of the corner of my eye for some time, but been like naw, I won't take it there. :lol:

PatTodd

In case the canola doesn't work out for you, consider safflower oil...it is 3.49 for a large bottle where I am and I feel it works great!

Christa438

So ummm...I'm too broke to afford olive oil...used it to cook with the other day:ohwell:so I'm pre-pooing with canola oil and ORS Mayo...

I'll let y'all know how my little experiment goes...lol

I'm going to air-dry and flat iron...then set on rollers for a little extra bounce...:look:

:lachen::lachen:
Dont feel bad..being broke has turned me into a kitchen chemist at times too. but I now love to use the MAYO in my frig, just used some this morning as a matter of fact, works just as good as the mayonnaise at the bss. [I also have substituted with olive, safflower, honey, cayenne, drained rosemary and sesame combo, tea and other things. :yawn:] My sister had a friend with hair down her back that told her she actually uses vegetable/cooking oil from the store and I dont think it was olive either....let us know how it goes.

Barbara

Princess
Vegetable oil from Walmart or the olive oil from the 99 cents store works just as good.:drunk:

My hair oil from Verifen Complex works just as good, and it's not even natural oil--just a bottle full of chemicals--but it works wonders.:lachen:

Last edited:

loveable37

yall long time ago :yawn:my MOM used crisco cooking oil ta press our hair/grease ankles/etc our she said the lottion has chemial in it.
Righ now anut grease her whole body with cookin oil lookin like a grease monkey:lachen:

IF i am in the kitchen doin my hair and notice i ran out of oil its time ta grab whatever oil available its gone:lachen:wha can oil do (NOTHIN) ITS JUST OIL
if we can use other stuff out frig cooking oil want hurt.:rolleyes:lol

GeauXavi

hey ladies! sorry i didn't post... I was in Vegas...but the roller-set turned out great! The only thing was...it only looked good for a day because the Vegas heat sucked ALL of the moisture out of my hair... I had to bun the whole time:mad:

I think I will check Big Lots for the EVOO...I just can't justify paying 8.00 for it right now...but 2-4 dollars is cool.

I'll post some pics tomorrow...after the tropical storm, that is....(Houston ladies stay safe!)

BTW...I'm sooo stoked about coming back home to see a new improved LHCF!!! I feel my addiction taking over....