Caramel Treatment=funny

TheEuphioQ

hello ladies!

Currently I'm trying my first caramel treatment. I made the homemade recipie that was suggested by others on the forum.

It has been in my head for approx. 40 minutes and im dying!
the smell of the apple cider is making me want to gag, but im hanging in there, its almost like a personal guiness book of records account for myself.:grin:

how long can I hold my breath?

I'll post back after my rinse and attempt to press.

Wish me luck!

Myjourney2009

Ready to be APL
How much ACV did you use. I only use a dash.

This makes a large batch because I thinned it out a little too much with water. It filled 2 1/2 vo5 bottles. At the time my hair was fairly short. If you have alot of hair that is dense it will get used up fairly quickly

Here is my recipe:
1 whole haas avocado (very ripe)
1/2 cup honey (heated 30 secs in microwave to reduce hair lightening affect)
1/2 cup molasses
1/2 cup Grapeseed oil (because its very light)
ACV: only a splash (I used about 1T for the entire batch because of minerals in molasses and to help balance PH)
distilled water: only if needed to thin out to desired consistency

if you want you can add 1 tsp of Vitamin E mixed Tocopherols to preserve I did not do this and my mixture was fine for the remainder of the batch/FONT]

Blend all in blender till smooth

Can be frozen until next use, defrost day of use add.

Also can I know the recipe you used? Thanks

Last edited:
Hmm, I just did this today and my hair came out fabulously. I know, no, I don't have any pics...(saw-weee), but I used just Kiya's recipe. Her recipe called for a 1/4cup ACV, but then again, everything was essentially 1/4. I have to tell you that it was a pain sitting there with that stuff half dripping.....yuck.

I managed to leave it on for about an hour. Trust, you won't regret it. I didn't even have to use the flat iron, I just blew the hair out. As a result, my hair is shiny and the roots are the straightest they've ever been from blow drying.

The treatment provides extra moisture to your hair. It's mainly used by people when they want to wear their hair straight. I'm a natural 4a/b and it's helped my roots to lay down like never before. My hair is insanely soft, roots are straight, and my hair is shiny. Those are rare results from just blowdrying alone.

ETA: Here's a link to JustKiya's results. She's also a member here.

Last edited:

Nasdaq_Diva

I've been thinking about doing this forever. I read JustKiya's recipe a couple years ago..I still haven't mustered up the courage. lol. I'm gonna check this out soon.

How long did you leave it on JF??

toyas08

I want to try it, is there something else i can use as an alternative for the palm oil or where can i buy it from?

tropical-punch

I use this as a hard protein treatment rather than the straightening thing (didn't workout). I love the results. I'm going to do another one this coming weekend. I'll probably straighten my hair too just because.

brownelovely

Okay, can anyone provide some good substitutes for the red palm oil and olive oil. I'd like to do this today but I'm missing those along with the bananas. :ohwell: :look:

I just henna and indigo-ed my hair but I'm frizzy as usual but I need to straighten my hair for Tuesday. I think I need to DC again :perplexed...may just co-wash tonight.

jayjaycurlz

Hmmm, I wonder if solid Avocado butter could be a substitute for hass avocado? Anyone try this using avocado butter?

Nubenap22

It sounds awesome!!! But I don't have half the ingredients and I'm feeling lazy....anyone wanna send me some??? 