Loosing Palmsize hair amt

Choclatcotton

Hello, Ladies wanting to know if I need to ditch my winter HAIR CARE Practices? I wash hair now in the winter once a month:eek: and deep condition. I press once a month airdry/hooded dryer. No $$$ for a MAXI GLD or SEDU yet. and have shoulder lenght 4A NATURAL HAIR
1. Cond.
2. Shampoo
3. Apple Cider Vinegar for scalp
4.rinse/ Cond. deep/ comb out wide tooth comb and braid 4 loose braids
5. Rinse
6. Hooded dryer/Air
7. moisturize and Press with Dudley's

Hard to get fine hot comb thru thick wooly texture, end up loosing a palmsize every month? Style by 4 big Rubber sponge rollers. The new smooth black kind. Not the old fashioned pink ones. ANY ADVICE
Oh yeah I have had hair growth since no pressing since JULY 06 TO JAN 07

Christa438

Although you may shampoo once a month, Do you do anything else to help keep scalp and hair cleaner such as rinsing with plain water 1-2 times a week or CWs? Doing these things may help. I think, no I know my hair would be very dirty and so itchy if I tried to wash once a month and I would probably have sores from scratching. As for using the hot-comb: I won't let one near me. My cousin was still using that method last year until she burned her hair. I believe your hair can not take that much or that kind of heat. It seemed to be causing major breakage/shedding & damage. Since your hair improved, keep staying away from the pressing comb/iron and try some reconstructors and breakage products from lines such as Keracare, Biolage, Nexxus, Elasta QP... Whatever the problem is, I know you'll nip it soon.:)

dlewis

I think the hot comb needs to go. I don't see anything wrong with washing your hair once a month, Sherrylove said that she had gone months without washing her hair and all it did was grow faster. If you like wearing your hair straight, I beleive you're gonna have to find another way to get it that way.

ETA: are you natural? have you tired rollersetting?

CAPlush

I used to wash my hair every 3 weeks or so and it grew just fine. My scalp just does not sweat, I don't think I even have active sweat glands on my scalp or face. I don't think you are going to be able to continue to press your hair with a hot comb though, you HAVE to use a ceramic flat iron or else you will sustain too much heat damage. Go ahead and make that investment in a Sedu or Maxiglide. If not Hot Tools makes a decent flat iron and it's like $30. And you said you press with Dudley's, I'm not sure what that is but make sure it works as a heat protectant, if not you need to add a heat protectant to your regimen.

Choclatcotton

Thanks so much ladies, I owe my current growth to the great tips from you, My original thickness has returned but due to the COLDWeather I cant wash every 3days and put gel in it like in the Summer. I am totally natural with 4A hair and tried to do a rollerset but my hair seems to be to kinky and thick to spread it on a plastic roller the clamp pops off. I wish I could straightened it with a nice Roller set Like Dlewis.:perplexed