Careful with surge

Millahdoowop

I thought I was doing everything right with my surge. I would spray my thinned out areas and immediately follow up with my Lotion Motion #9. Then today I was pulling what looked like dead skin (at first I thought it was dandruff) out of my hair. It was kinda of scary and only on the right side of my head (my thinned out edges). So this is a heads up to those still using Surge or thinking of using it. I don't know what happened. :perplexed

Dolapo

im experiencing somehting similar. i havent used the stuff in a while. i stopped using it when it was too drying for my hair. then i mixed with MTg and my scalp is itching like crazy. in a long time, i scratched my scalp with my fingernails and i could see flakes underneath it. I KNOW its the surge so ill pour my mixture out and mix the MTG with something else. I tried using rosemary EO to stop the itching and ive washed twice today but it wont stop. i know its not the type of ithcing you get when your hair is growing. it itches so bad, i want to graba knife and scratch the h*ll out of my scalp. :(

Millahdoowop

Awww man, I'm sorry to hear that. :( I'm glad I'm not the only one. What the heck is up with Surge? I guess I'll just stick to my MTG twice a week. ::sigh:: Where is my Lenzi's Request? :cry:

dreamgurl

Dolapo...

there are several oils to decrease the itchiness of your scalp...

Emu oil *excellent and first choice*

Jojoba oil *great*

Olive oil *warmed*

Allantoin *Comfrey*

Castor Oil *Jamaican Black Castor would be great*

Tea tree oil *would use with caution in case of broken skin*

joyous

I've been using Surge for a little over 2 years. To anyone who wants to try Surge I would suggest that you first start using it once every other day. As your scalp becomes adjusted then you can try increasing usage to once daily. I've never had to use Surge twice a day to get excellent results. In fact when I used it once every other day I still got good results. Hope this helps.

isawstars

joyous said:
I've been using Surge for a little over 2 years. To anyone who wants to try Surge I would suggest that you first start using it once every other day. As your scalp becomes adjusted then you can try increasing usage to once daily. I've never had to use Surge twice a day to get excellent results. In fact when I used it once every other day I still got good results. Hope this helps.

I'm glad you shared that with us. You saved me from throwing it out.

I've been experiencing dryness as well, but i've been using it twice a day. I'll give it another try and use it once every other day. Thanks.

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
I was having the same problems until I diluted the Surge. I would put it in a 4 oz applicator bottle and fill it up with 2 oz of Surge and 2 oz of oil and sahke before application. This solved the problem.

hotshot

are you all using the new or old formula? i just picked up the new formula; its a different, slimier consistency that makes me want to wash more often. im following it up with my homemade braid spray.

Dolapo: i would certainly recommend using surge with anything camphorous or irritating like cade oil (in MTG) or peppermint oil. a nice base oil should help. coconut and castor oils are some of the best oils for the scalp. and congrats on the BC!

L

lkg4healthyhair

I use Surge 1 time at night on my entire scalp and 2 xs on my hair line. I have not had any problems. If it gets dry I will put a little WGO or Palma Chrisiti oil (PC oil) on my scalp.

victorious

Relaxed/4A/Fine/Thin/APL
dontspeakdefeat said:
I was having the same problems until I diluted the Surge. I would put it in a 4 oz applicator bottle and fill it up with 2 oz of Surge and 2 oz of oil and sahke before application. This solved the problem.

I do that too, and there's no itchies.

(I must have gotten that tip from you in some other thread. :grin: )

london honey

U need to wash your hair regularly when using surge...i co wash every other day and make sure its not left on my scalp for more than 48hrs at any time. HTH

sugaplum

Star Shooter
dreamgurl said:
Dolapo...

there are several oils to decrease the itchiness of your scalp...

Emu oil *excellent and first choice*

Jojoba oil *great*

Olive oil *warmed*

Allantoin *Comfrey*

Castor Oil *Jamaican Black Castor would be great*

Tea tree oil *would use with caution in case of broken skin*

dreamgurl this is the same thing I did when my Surge 14 was doing this to my scalp. I used EVOO. :yep: This helped out a lot and my hair line is growing in very nicely. :)

benosayi

When I do daily con washes, I use surge 2X a day. During the winter months I cut back on using surge. I mix it with oil and use it 3 times a week.

isawstars

Dontspeakdefeat: this is off topic but your hair + picture in your siggy reminds me of Toni (from Girlfriends). :) very nice!