Caring for color treated hair

sillygurl18

I am getting my hair colored tomorrow and I was wondering what products do you ladies recommend? Also since I have never gotten my hair colored, I don't know what to expect. Should I stop clarifying since I am going to get my hair colored? I guess I should tell you that I am getting permanent color if that helps any. TIA

I should know the answer, sillygurl since Ive had hilites for years (smile). I received some Pureology samples a while back and I have yet to use them...but they have a whole line of color protective products and they are sulfate free. Perhaps someone here has actually used them and can provide more info...

I just remembered that Tracy (the color guru) and others LOVE the color protective conditioner by Feria (Loreal). I am planning to look for this...

When my hairstylist colored my hair, she began using Revlon Fermadyl Leave-In Treatment #233 (for double processed hair). I also bought it to use after each wash at home between retouches. I think that the leave-in strentheners and no heat between retouches will help you to keep your hair from breaking off.

I have had color in my hair for the past 5 years.. Moisture is the key if you don't want it to break.... I always use moisturizing conditioners/poos that are aimed at those with damaged hair, and I make sure I moisturize my hair 3x's a day.....

[ QUOTE ]
lunalight7 said:
Denali your hair is very pretty...love that color, gurl!

[/ QUOTE ]
Aww thank you... Also, I only get my hair touched-up once a year, which is a bummer....

Products
Nexus Humetress
Barry Fletcher's Moisture Therapy Poo and Con
Aubrey's GPB
Razzac Leave-In Conditioner
I use all types of moisturizers.

I only re-do my hilites every 9 months when they have almost totally grown out. I havent had any problems and I dont wanna push it, ya know? Thank GOD for this board.

[ QUOTE ]
lunalight7 said:
I only re-do my hilites every 9 months when they have almost totally grown out. I havent had any problems and I dont wanna push it, ya know? Thank GOD for this board.

[/ QUOTE ]
Lunalight, this is my first time having hi-lites. Before I always had my full head colored. My stylist doesn't use bleach for my hi-lites she uses permanent color. Anywho this will be my first time gettin my highlites touched up can you tell me how the do this. Do they just touch-up the new growth or the entire strands.

Since I wait so long for touchups,my highlights are practically invisible when I get them redone. So he doesnt bother to touch them up...just does new ones. The result is always beautiful. Good luck with this. Just tell him/her to gather the previously hilited strands and touch those up. You can add more too if you like.

Back