Carol's Daughter products

meia

ive did a lot of searching on here to see if there were any posts, past or present that were related to this...but im curious does anyone know whether all of carol's daughter products are natural or even semi-organic?

i was thinking of buying some products from them (and i mean quite a bit) but i didnt want them to arrive only for me to realize that they are damaging to my hair and arent natural or organic...

does anyone know who buys from them or anyone in general have any information on this? thank you in advance!!

;)
meia

B

Bublnbrnsuga

Yes, CD products are natural. She lists ingredients of her products on the site.

meia

really? i didnt know that..i had been looking all over for the ingredients! thank you! now i have to worry about the customer service...some of the threads on here kinda scared me a bit from ordering from her...

i did take a look at your rum and cake site recommendation on one of the threads...her products looked so wonderful!! good recommendation!!

henrilou

Great stuff. A bit watery to me (I mean my hair is more coarse ) and her products seem to cater to finer hair. Expensive also. But if you find something you love it's worth stocking up.

angellazette

I remember trying the Healthy Hair Butter when i was relaxed...it was a bit heavy. I think she has a hair milk that I may try in the future.

ChasingBliss

Speaking of Carol's daughter. I would love to buy some more of that Honey Hair Mimosa... I think Ima take a trip to Brooklyn this weekend.

meia

henrilou- Yeah..I read a few other posts on the board about their products being watery/and or separating entirely! I was getting really worried about that cos those products arent cheap and to have it separate on you after all that money would make me mad as anything.. I think the butters and honeys would probably work better for the more coarser hair type. Its so much more easier to manipulate the hair with-- press the hair with, do twists or cornrows with....some of the products really did look thin...

angellazette- Yeaaa im thinkin with the smoother texture of relaxed hair the hair milk would probably yield better results. With your beautiful texture on the other hand, Im thinking the butters and honeys would work better- Ive been looking at a lot of butters lately (miss jessies, etc., etc.,) I think they bring out the curl and the natural kink and react so much better because they are thicker and curly/natural hair tends to be so much coarser because of the shape and contortion of the curl makes the cuticle so much drier in comparison so something rich and thick i think would not only maintain shape but would probably bring prolongued softness to the hair. I think the hair milk would do nicely for a light daily moisturizer...

Super_Hero_Girl- Hmmm thats a good idea! I think I might try those other brands (if i can find something a bit cheaper than the carols daughter products. I think i'm going to look into it.. Hmmm was it the customer service, the products (overall), or the price that makes you not satisfied? Cos I've read many things from other threads that are definitely things to worry about...Those sites were definitely helpful!

HoneyLemonDrop- Awww mannnn lol I miss livin in NY...LUCKY!! lol... so you like their products? What about them makes you like them so much?

meia

ooohhh i just went to oyin's site!! They have so many good products all similarly priced!!!! I think I might just stick with oyin..some products are even cheaper!!!!

good..cos im broke as anything!! lol and soooo desperate!