carol's daughter

mcgheeola

RI order some of carol's daughter products which made my hair dry. I order the black leave-in conditioner the herbal shampoo and the some of marguerite's magic ok this is ok after I flat iron it. I can't use this when its wet I order from njoi creations and it helped it from being so dry.

I love the Healthy hair butter. That is my main staple for moisturizing and I use it for my self and my children. It really brings out the curls in my son's hair. I use to like the herbal mint shampoo, but they made reformulated it as a clarifying shampoo. I like the black vanilla leave in. I use it like a braid spray for a daily moisturizer.

I like Carol's Daughter. The Healthy hair butter (HHB)gives me shine and the Black Vanilla Leave-in moisturizes my twists. I do not like the smell of the HHB.

I HATE the Hair Milk - like, I usually don't say I hate a hair product, but that mess might as well be $4 Pink Lotion to me. It feels the same too. I used it for about three days to test it out and was tearing my poor hair UP. It took me a week to get it back to normal. I love how the Black Vanilla LI smells, but it has too much glycerin and made my hair hard as a rock in lower dews.

I like the Black vanilla herbal shampoo, black vanilla hair smoothie (deep conditioner) and mimosa hair honey. Those are the only products I've tried and they work well for me. Not sure I would repurchase the deep conditioner becuase of the price, but it works like any good deep conditioner.

But a lot of people don't like her products. I'm in the minority.

One thing that I LOVEDEDEDED was the hair balm. I put that on top of my hair butter to do twists and my hair drank it up and stayed feeling and smelling yummy. I bought another bottle. The hair butter and mimosa seem too light on my hair when curly but straight provides ample moisture. The hair milk was also too light for me. Now I have 2 oz bottle of the so called new hair milk which I've yet to try.

I've also purchased the hair smoothie which I had to use a LOT of for the price, and half the jar was gone from one use. It was just okay for me too.

That gotdamn rosemary mint shampoo...let's just say only lather up once with the shampoo cause it really gets every last bit of moisture out of your hair. The conditioner was mediocre.

The black vanilla leave in...was weird. I got rid of it. It did nothing for my hair but make it feel hard. It smells good though, so too bad.

Lisa's Hair Elixir: It's okay. It gives a nice sheen, but it's very heavy.

Black Vanilla Leave-In: I used to love this stuff because it moisturized my hair & it was light. I stopped using it when the formula changed.

Mimosa Hair Honey: The best thing about this product is the smell. It does not add any sort of shine or tame any frizz for me.

Tui Hair Smoothie: It left my hair coated.

Healthy Hair Butter: It was okay--nothing extra special, though.

Rosemary Mint Herbal Shampoo--THE WORST HAIR PRODUCT I HAVE EVER USED IN MY ENTIRE LIFE!!! That mess made my hair tangled and turned it into a metamorphosis of textures.

I tried the prod line of my relaxed hair and it didn't do much for me. I need to either use them up or sell them off to someone because right now, they are just collecting dust. And, I bought up a bunch of items within the collection (like a fool) before figuring out if the line would even work, so I'm stuck with unnecessary product.

I liked the Healthy Hair Butter when I used it, but the Tui oil and everything just seemed to crappy to my hair.

smoothies: i liked the smoothies. when i was transitioning i used them overnight and in the morning detangling was a breeze.

leave in sprays: they did nothing for my hair

oils: the elixir and and koret amen oils were nice. the tui was just for smell. i no longer use oils to seal so they are useless to me

SMM: this was ok. i loved the smell and loved it on my scalp.

hair butter: the first one i used was an actual butter and i loved loved loved it. the next one i tried was more of a waxy cream. it took me a while to start liking it. but in the end it was ok.

hair balm: love love love this stuff. my relaxed hair loved this. but when my hair got really damaged and thin this became too heavy for me. i havent used it since ive been natural, i think i will go back to it though because i loved this as a sealant and the smell and it gave amazing shine.

mimosa honey: i never ever liked grease so this sucked to me. it smelled like old school grease and that smell makes me sick. also i had no use for it.

lock butter: i still have this but havent used it yet. this winter i will be using it for twists.

tui shampoo: this is the best shampoo i have ever used. when i tell you i love this stuff that is an understatement

black vanilla shampoo: its nice and moisturizing, though not as nice as tui.

rosemary mint: she ought to be slapped for creating this mess.

mint purifying shampoo: i curse this lady every time i look at this bottle.

hair milk(the old one): i love this stuff. during the snow storm last year i co washed every day and this was my leave in. my hair stayed soft through the whole storm.

I love a few of the products
Hair balm- a great leave in and sealant- it makes my air-dried bun look super straight
hair buttter- I use this for my braidouts in conjunction with the hair balm- my hair doesn't end up frizzy.
the hair pomade- it's so-so but i like that it is all natural.
I haven't tried the shampoos because I love Hair one so much- too loyal to try anything else.

Back