Caruso Rollers? Help!!!!!

tonia682

Geez, seeing Traycee's hair now makes me want to get some. Hopefully, they are on sale at Sally's this month.

For 5 years off and on I tried to get the curls to look right but when I saw Traycee's set I got real determined to learn how to make it work!

blessedandlucky

i used to use my caruso mainly at the ends of my hair for bumps and flips but yesterday i rolled them in various directions - some up, some under but all up to my scalp- and they came out so beautiful. i wish i had taken pictures...but i will definitely be doing this again. i loved the volume and the curls. i didn't use the mohawk rollerset style instead i had my hair parted like it normally is and put the rollers in. i got some nice spirals when i rolled the hair upwards. hope that makes sense and helps.

Honey01

I love my Caruso.

I agree with everyone that said it takes practice.

For me, here are some things that help.

1. Definitely use end papers!

2. Be sure to let hair completely dry. You can also put in pin curls (I like Good Hair Days) afterwards to let continue to dry. This will probably also take a couple of tries to determine how long it will take your hair to dry completely.

3. I have fine hair and like to use more of a cream based moisturizer when doing my sets. I usually use Kiehls Silk Groom. I also have a new staple Phyto 7 daily Hydrating Botanical Cream.

4. Shake or finger comb hair out. Don't comb or brush. I also find letting the hair hang out without the roller for a few minutes (basically letting air hit the hair) before finger combing helps avoid frizz.

5. Rolling with larger sections of hair usually gives a looser curl or more of a wave. Smaller sections can look like anything from rod set to a roller set.

6. I do recall using distilled water worked better. I am going to start doing this again.

fivetimestwo

Yasjencon's Caruso set was the truth. I loved it! I wonder if I can do it on 8-9 week post hair and just flat iron the roots...Hmm...An experiment to try :)

I'm sure that would turn out fine. I did my daughter's hair and she is completely natural 4b and it turned out like this:

froggie08

Alright Traycee where you at???? You can't just show us fab hair pictures and bounce out the thread with no explaination. How did you place the rollers in your hair?

krikit96

SUBSCRIBIN!!!!

I gotta pull my Caruso back down!!!

LoL... Traycee you did GREAT! Okay, so not like I'm frontin... my first caruso set sho didn't look close to ANYTHING like your first try when I did my first set either...

Can you do a tut? Do you have the time or patience? It looks so nice, do you have a youtube of it? Cause I'd love to see your method this time around!!! :yep:

Last edited:

ricochet

Make sure to check your local craigslist or ebay before purchasing full price. I got a Caruso set today from craigslist for $7! It was very easy to clean, the rollers pull apart and the sponge slips off. A good soap and water wash did the trick. I am so happy I found this system. :)

CaramelPrincezz

yeah. there's some on amazon for $26

that's where I got mine from like 3 years ago. I love carusos. I'm gonna play around with em tonight.

WaistLengthDreams

after reading this thread and checking out "Caruso 101," I am sold. That'll be my next purchase. Thanks ladies, I can only hope mine come out as nicely!!

Chrismiss

I have been playing with my Caruso for the last couple of weeks. Used it this weekend in preparation for a friend's bday party. I should've took pics because I had "worlds of curls" that night and the next day using the extra large/ large rollers and end papers. My hair was soft and super bouncy. I set it after washing and airdrying. I watched Traycee's tutorial as well and found it really helpful. Stick with 'em guys, this tool is a keeper.

natstar

So, although im natural, I was still curious after seeingthe thread above. I bought some carusos (along with some other stuff) from folica. I got it somewhat cheaper from there since I bought other products and used discount code vip20, which gives 20% off 100 or more and free shipping.

Also, like a a prev poster said, I found them on craigslist and ebay. I hope they turn out good on my straightened natural hair

topnotch1010

Real Housewife of Houston
I bought my Caruso's in Sally's and bought extra rollers at Follica and I LOVE my Caruso's. That's the only kind of curler I will every use again!

locabouthair

I dont have carusos but I have vidal sasson steam rollers which is basically the same thing. I learned that I cnat used right after I moisturize my hair because it it wont give me a curl if the hair is moist.

I gave up on them after a while. When my hair gets longer I'll try them again.