Cathy Howse Conditioner Recipe: Mane N Tail Versus Motions CPR

tryn2growmyhair

Question: Once I finish my bottle of UBH conditioner, which I will definitely not buy again, I am going to go back to using her conditioner recipe. I have a bottle of Mane N Tail and Motions CPR. Which one is a lighter protein? I am looking for something that I can use on the Cathy Howse program, i.e. possibly use every three days followed by a moisturizing conditioner. Also, is this too much protein?

onepraying

Healthy Hair Quest..
tryn2growmyhair said:
Question: Once I finish my bottle of UBH conditioner, which I will definitely not buy again, I am going to go back to using her conditioner recipe. I have a bottle of Mane N Tail and Motions CPR. Which one is a lighter protein? I am looking for something that I can use on the Cathy Howse program, i.e. possibly use every three days followed by a moisturizing conditioner. Also, is this too much protein?

From what I understand, her recipe called for MnT. I believe the MnT is the lighter protein....

onepraying

Healthy Hair Quest..
tryn2growmyhair said:
Thanks. Do you have her original book?

Unfortunately don't. Someone else started a thread asking for the original. Someone mentioned it was in their local library. You may want to check yours.

A woman who had once owned a copy of the 1st book posted a review of the 2nd book on Amazon. She said she had been using the recipe for years because it had worked for her. She then posted the recipe and it contained the MnT, olive oil, peppermint eo and some other item I can't remember.

tryn2growmyhair

onepraying said:

Unfortunately don't. Someone else started a thread asking for the original. Someone mentioned it was in their local library. You may want to check yours.

A woman who had once owned a copy of the 1st book posted a review of the 2nd book on Amazon. She said she had been using the recipe for years because it had worked for her. She then posted the recipe and it contained the MnT, olive oil, peppermint eo and some other item I can't remember.
Thanks, I started that thread and I have that recipe. It has worked well for me in the past.

HWAY

Can someone post the recipe? I bought an 8 oz bottle of the moisturizer and so far I like it but her products are expensive.

star

HWAY said:
Can someone post the recipe? I bought an 8 oz bottle of the moisturizer and so far I like it but her products are expensive.

From the recipe section of this forum

Here is the recipe:

16 oz of reconstructor
8 ounces of olive oil
4 ounces of coconut oil
2 teaspoons of peppermint oil

For me, my reconstructor comes in a 4 ounce bottle so I use 1/4 of everything. In other words, I use 4 ounces of reconstructor, 2 ounces of olive oil, 1 ounce of coconut oil and 1/2 teaspoon of peppermint oil

tryn2growmyhair

star said:
From the recipe section of this forum

Here is the recipe:

16 oz of reconstructor
8 ounces of olive oil
4 ounces of coconut oil
2 teaspoons of peppermint oil

For me, my reconstructor comes in a 4 ounce bottle so I use 1/4 of everything. In other words, I use 4 ounces of reconstructor, 2 ounces of olive oil, 1 ounce of coconut oil and 1/2 teaspoon of peppermint oil

What reconstructor do you use?

star

tryn2growmyhair said:
What reconstructor do you use?

I cut and paste this recipe from this forum under "Hair Recipe" topics and the thread is entiled: "Cathy Howse Conditioner- Thanks Tebby!"

The person who put this recipe up used ION. But I heard that some people like using Affirm 5+1 and Mane N Tail with this recipe:grin:

Last edited:

tryn2growmyhair

melodee said:
Boca's referring to the bits of herbs that are visible in the CPR. Some of the Indian Hemp hair greases have these "twigs" as well.
I would be using the Motions CPR reconstructor in the bottle not the Motions CPR Treatment Conditioner in the tub. Does this make a difference? I am running out of my Mane N Tail and want to use up this Motions CPR. Whaddaya think? I am including a link to the Motions CPR site so you will all see the difference. Thanks a lot.
http://www.motionshair.com/b_cpr.cfm

tryn2growmyhair

What do you all think of this suggestion of combating hair breakage on Motions website? It is basically saying not to wash hair for 32 days :eek: ? I guess it's saying conditioner wash for 32 days? Here is what they suggest. From reading this I am getting the impression that the conditioner -- at least the one in the bottle, should be safe for Cathy Howse and to use all the time. Whadaya think?

Here is the information from Motion's website. The link is below.

We receive frequent questions about breaking hair and related problems. Here is a recipe that will stop breakage, slow the formation of split ends and thicken broken, frayed hair. It asks that you not shampoo your hair for thirty two days:

1. Rinse hair until the water runs clear.
2. Apply a generous amount of Motions® CPR conditioner.
3. Massage into hair as you would a shampoo.
4. Let it sit for about fifteen minutes.
5. Rinse with room-temperature water.
6. Apply Motions Foaming Wrap Lotion.
7. Apply Motions Oil Sheen.
8. Dry and style your hair.
9. Apply Motions hairdressing every morning.

You will notice a difference immediately. You hair will feel thicker and softer. Repeat this procedure every four days, for one full month.

10. The tenth treatment starts with the same warm water rinse then lather with CPR shampoo.
11. Rinse lightly.
12. Apply a generous amount of Motions CPR conditioner.
13. Rinse with room-temperature water after three minutes.
14. Apply Motions Foaming Wrap Lotion.
15. Apply Motions Salon Sheen.
16. Dry and style your hair.

Continue the shampoo & conditioner treatment weekly until your hair is long and thick as desired.

• If your house is dry, keep a pot of simmering water on the stove during the day for
• Normal pillowcases will absorb oil from your hair, so buy a few satin pillowcases.
• Massage your scalp nightly to promote oil secretion.
http://www.motionshair.com/ht_4ss_hb.cfm

tryn2growmyhair

HWAY said:
I also bought the conditioner and moisturizer. I cannot find a better moisturizer, so I will continue to use hers but the homemade recipe has been better for me than her recipe. It's also much cheaper to make, even with all of the ingredients.