Cathy Howse Dew

Lindy

Well, I just ordered the 16 oz. size of Dew, based on the raves of a few of you all on this board. I hope I like it!! I got the large size because I have a 13 yr. old daughter, and I figured she will be using it, too!! Of those of you who have tried this product, how is it???

Thanks!! /images/graemlins/cool.gif

G

It's a great moisturizer but do realize that it WETS your hair. If your hair is coarse (4b) like mine, you can only spritz the hair. If you do a hard spray, you will lose all your curls and increase the likelihood of reversion if you have a perm or press.

pebbles

Hi Lindy,

I love this moisturizer! But as Bett1e said, it does wet the hair. You will only be able to spritz if you don't want to lose your hair style. I spritz it on my hair after I have done a rollerset to loosen my curls. Otherwise I use it morning and night, daily. It's a great, non-greasy moisturizer. But it will revert the hair if you press and use too much of it. HTH /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Lindy

Thanks Ladies... After I read your responses, I ALMOST called to see if I could change my order to the smaller size bottle, but then I figured I can probably use the Dew. I work out frequently so what I could probably do is spritz my damp post-workout hair with the Dew and maybe a little oil. My daughter will probably like to use the Dew to smooth her hair edges, cuz they are short right now.

One more question!! I know you said Dew is a non-greasy moisturizer, but does it make your hair shiny, at least?? I mean, it doesn't leave your hair dull-looking and hard, does it?

Thanks!!!

pebbles

It absolutely makes hair shiny. The dew is what has made my hair have so much shine to it. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Leshia

Per the raves of Pebbles, I ordered the dew and the conditioner today since I have Pebbles' length and texture. I haven't blown dry nor curled my hair in a few weeks and have been hitting the gym too much to care. I hope I can use these conditioners successfully to be able to continue to part my hair down the middle and do two buns without any dryness. I guess we'll see. Eventually I'd like to not blow dry (or anything else for that matter).

vevster

Well so far I love Cathy's conditioner and I plan to experiment with the dew! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

pebbles

Hi Vevster,

I'm glad you like the UBH conditioner. It's one of my favorites, even if it doesn't give me much slip. I love the tingling sensation it gives my scalp. /images/graemlins/smile.gif