It's official I LOVE Cathy Howse's Dew!!!!!

vevster

It\'s official I LOVE Cathy Howse\'s Dew!!!!!

My hair is soft and shiny w/out being greasy or sticky. My next order will be for LARGE sizes... even though I think I will use up the conditioner before the dew.

I'm prob order 2 large conditioners to maximize on shipping..

diamoness

Re: It\'s official I LOVE Cathy Howse\'s Dew!!!!!

Vevester or anyone, I mixed up my own Cathy Howse Cond., I even added EXTRA olive oil. And it made my hair extremely dry and it tangled really bad over the next two days. I had only used regular conditioners to wash my hair afterwards which was my mistake and lost A LOT of hair as a result....three days later when I washed it. I'm talkin, my hair shed like I had it in braids for 3 month straight. I have no idea where I can find a good moisturizing conditioner without ordering on-line. Please, what can you all recommend?

Leshia

Vevster, I'm getting prepared for the arrival of my conditioner and dew. Since we both have fine hair I want to pick your brain a bit. How often are you using both the conditioner and the dew and what's your process??

pebbles

Hi Diamoness,

I have never mixed my own conditioner. I use the conditioner that she sells ready made and I haven't had any problems with it. If your hair is breaking a lot, try using Aphogee for dry/damaged hair. Follow that with a moisturizing conditioner. Try the Mizani Moisturfuse or any other moisturizer that you like. I usually use it with heat after a protein treatment. I buy the Mizani at local hairdressing salons that use Mizani products. Hope that helps. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Lindy

I got my Dew yesterday, and spritzed it in this morning. So far I have to say I do like it!! It made my hair shiny, but not greasy, and the smell is fruity/coconut-y. Nice!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

vevster

I'm sorry I don't have much of a process. My process is carrying my conditioner to the Domincan Salon where they use it. I sit under the dryer for 15 minutes with it tho... my salon uses a detangler/moisturizer after the deep condition which Cathy does reccomend to use after her conditioner.

As far as the Dew I have done the following:
1. Lightly spray my Doobie with it.
2. When I am styling my hair I spray it in my hand and smooth it on my hair.

My hair is nice a shiny without being weighed down! I LOVE IT!!

BronxDiva

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Leshia said:
Vevster, I'm getting prepared for the arrival of my conditioner and dew. Since we both have fine hair I want to pick your brain a bit. How often are you using both the conditioner and the dew and what's your process??

[/ QUOTE ]

If I may....
I have fine hair also and I got advice from Pebbles to wash then deep condition with cathy's conditioner rinse out then apply a moisturizing conditioner for 15 mins. then rinse then style as you would. The dew I use every day, spritz a little on then put oil on my hair to seal the moisture in and it works wonders for my hair and ends. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

sassygirl125

Professional PJ

I have no idea where I can find a good moisturizing conditioner without ordering on-line. Please, what can you all recommend?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you should give Mizani Moisturfuse a try. You can find it at most Trade Secret and JC Penney salons. An 8 oz bottle costs around $9-$10. But it is worth it. I think MM could soften a Brillo pad. /images/graemlins/grin.gif
And try this 'hair miracle' tip from brownrelaxedhair: put some olive oil in it. My hair looooooves this! Both the natural and relaxed parts are very soft.

pebbles

Hey BronxDiva,

I'm so glad that's working out for you! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

pebbles

Vevster and Lindy,

I absolutely love Dew because it's so nice and smells great. It's light and since I have fine hair, it moisturizes without weighing my hair down. I use it twice a day, every day. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

hey vev,

would you rank the conditioner above kerastase macquintense?

if you could stick to one only, which one would you pick?

vevster

I plan to alternate with the kerastase. However, if I had to pick one it would be this one - it is fabulous and less expensive...

Leshia

BronxDiva said:
Leshia said:

[/ QUOTE ]

If I may....
I have fine hair also and I got advice from Pebbles to wash then deep condition with cathy's conditioner rinse out then apply a moisturizing conditioner for 15 mins. then rinse then style as you would. The dew I use every day, spritz a little on then put oil on my hair to seal the moisture in and it works wonders for my hair and ends. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Bronxdiva, thank you for responding. I appreciate this information. I have to admit, I'm getting back on that high that causes me to spend, spend, spend! I can't wait until mine gets here.