The essence of being a pj..

Leshia

Man, after hearing so much negative feedback on Cathy Howse I've come down from my "high" of ordering her conditioner and dew. Had I knew her conditioner was merely a protein conditioner, I would have just ordered the dew. Lord knows I have enough protein treatments and conditioners here to last me 'til I get back to the states. Man, I need help for my addiction. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

pebbles

Hi Leisha,

Cathy Howes conditioner is not just a protein conditioner. I wrote to her about this and she recommends Aphogee treatment for dry/damaged hair if you need a reconstructor, which her conditioner is not. I used it for 2 months straight, every 3 days, and it was what revived my hair.

Remember that everyone's experience with a product will be different. If your hair is not in good shape and is lifeless, then please don't hesitate to give her conditioner a try. If you look at my pictures, you'll see how my hair is now. Believe me, it was nothing like that before I got my hands on her conditiner and dew.

Nothing else was able to bring my hair to the health it is now. Now that I know a thing or two about hair care, I use other products in my regime, but I will never forget that Cathy Howes conditioner took my hair to a place where I can be proud of it, and even be considered to be feature of the month on this forum. Don't be afraid to give it a try. If you don't like it, at least you will know for sure after having tried it for yourself, that it is not the product for you.

When I was thinking about buying the book, I read some of the reviews for it on Amazon.com and almost didn't buy it. It would have been my loss. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Leshia

Oh Pebbles, thanks for this. So, her conditioner may not be bad. All I'm looking for is moisture and/or detangling. I don't need any more protein conditioners right now. My hair isn't dull, but doesn't catch every single ray of light so there's always room for improvement. I just hope I'm able to see enough of a difference to rave about it!

pebbles

Hi Leshia,

The amount of protein in her conditioner is negligable. It is made to be used frequently. As I stated in another thread, this conditioner doesn't give my hair enough slip, so I usually use Mizani Moisturfuse after I use her conditioner, or if I'm in a hurry, I use Pantene instant hair quencher in the shower. (love that stuff) Her hair dew is what gave my hair a nice shine. I use this every day. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Leshia

So, if her conditioner doesn't give you slip, doesn't have a significant amount of protein AND isn't packed with moisturizing ingredients, why did I purchase the stuff?? *laughing***

LondonDiva

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Leshia said:
So, if her conditioner doesn't give you slip, doesn't have a significant amount of protein AND isn't packed with moisturizing ingredients, why did I purchase the stuff?? *laughing***

[/ QUOTE ]

Cause you a self confessed PJ Leisha /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

pebbles

Her conditioner is excellent for adding strength and life to hair. It has Peppermint oil, coconut oil, jojoba oil, menthol, just to name a few. Since you ordered it all ready, wait and try it. I think you'll like it. I won't lie, it's my favorite deep conditioning product. I just need something to make my hair easier to comb. That's why I use additional moisturizers. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Leshia

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
pebbles said:
Her conditioner is excellent for adding strength and life to hair. It has Peppermint oil, coconut oil, jojoba oil, menthol, just to name a few. Since you ordered it all ready, wait and try it. I think you'll like it. I won't lie, it's my favorite deep conditioning product. I just need something to make my hair easier to comb. That's why I use additional moisturizers. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

*laughing* well, since you're not "lying" about it....I'm excited again!

Integrity

i agree with pebbles her products are excellent. as for the dew, even cathy uses additional moisturizers cos its just too light.

pebbles, if i were cathy, i would give you a whole years supply of her products!!! you are a good patron for her- and with the hair to prove it /images/graemlins/laugh.gif