CD Healthy Hair Butter--How does it smell?

The reason why I am asking is because I consider myself scent-sensitive. For instance a lot of people were raving about KOSBP but the strong grape-kool-aide scent made me put it back on the shelf.

So if all you ladies who use CDHHB please tell me how you think this product smells it would help me to decide wheter or not to buy it.

TIA
TK

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
It didn't stink to me. It was just a scent that I didn't prefer. It reminded me of old man's cologne. It has a spicy/musky scent, IMO...

B

Bublnbrnsuga

It has a tangy smell,but if you follow the directions (keep refrigerated and use within 6 months),the smell is not anything to be concerned about. What I do is I let it sit a while after I refrigerate it ,so it will be easier to apply to my hair.

deeplyrooted

i agree with Chipmunk. the smell isn't all that bad. i think it's the strong lavender extract that kinda gets to people.
just don't use big gobs of it. just a little bit does sooo much when it comes to this product.

I have heard of two different batches, the creamy one and not so creamy one, and I was wondering if they had different scents.

Some have discribed the smell as being a mix of cinnomon and Vicks vapor rub.

TK

Spagirl

The scent isn't common enough to me for me to describe. Even if I could I don't know if it would help you anyway. After all, I was the one that thought WGO smelled like what I would imagine curried chicken gone wrong would smell.
Yea, I know

Spagirl

I don't mind the scent of it. <<smelling it again>> It does smell stronger now that It has been sitting out of the refrigerator since my 1st response to this thread. Maybe it's the Lavender sage combo scent that's dominating.
I still can tolerate it though.

LuLu

I don't like the smell...but I love the product, some people think it is too thick for relaxer hair but I use a dab to wrap my hair at night. I guess I have gotten used to it, and I now mix it with a product that smells better to me so...no problem.

blue_flower

It doesn't smell that bad to me. It's kind of hard to describe the smell because I don't have anything to compare it to. I can tell you that it's not a fruity or yummy smell. I think the smell becomes stronger when you refridgerate it.

Nutmeg

Does anyone not refridgerate it? Does that make a difference? I personally don't have a problem with the smell...like Spagirl said, I just don't think it's a very common smell