Natural Flat Iron Pics

naturalpride

Hello ladies I decided to post pics of my first Blow dry/Flat iron since being natural. I blow dried and flat ironed my self and I went to Smartstyle to get my ends trimed.

Attachments

• DSC00140(b).jpg
    DSC00140(b).jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 67
  • DSC00152 (b).jpg
    DSC00152 (b).jpg
    27 KB · Views: 53
  • DSC00159 (b).jpg
    DSC00159 (b).jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 89
  • DSC00150 (b).jpg
    DSC00150 (b).jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:

naturalpride

Thank you ladies....Straightening my hair took a total of 7 hours to complete , so I know that is not something that I will be doing often:)

Last edited:

nurseN98

Ayiti cherie
Thank you ladies....Straightening my hair took a total of 7 hours to complete , so I know that is not something that I will be doing often:)

Very pretty! You do get faster the more you do it though. It used to take me 5 or 6 hours but last time I did it, only 2. I'm still trying to get faster...lol

naturalpride

Today is my second day straight and I have to remind myself not to expect the same smooth and sleekness that relaxed hair offers, but so far so good:)

naturalpride

Looks good!!! 7 hours?! Wow, only takes me about 2.

I took so long because I did a series of preventative steps to prepare my hair to sustain the heat.

1st- Shampooed in 7 sections
2nd- Conditioned and detangled in 7 sections
3rd- I put a black henna color in my hair prior to straigntening
4th- I sat under the hooded dryer for 30 minutes with Redken Smooth Down Butter Treat
5th- I detangled in sections with Redken Smoothe Down Detangling/Leave In Cream
6th- I sat under the Hooded Dryer on cool for 20 minutes to dry my hair a little before I start blow drying
7th- I put Redken Smooth Down Heat Glide on my semi-wet hair
8th- I blow dried in sectionswith the Babyliss Pro TT Hot Air Brush
9th- I flat iron with Babyliss Pro TT Flat Iron

Yeah, that's a lot of steps, and also I pre pooed the night before with 1 can of Coconut Milk, Honey, Coconut Oil, Shea Butter, and two egg whites. I used a blender, but I didn't include that in the process above.

Last edited:

vestaluv1

Girl, you need to come and do my hair :look:... :giggle:!

Seriously, absolutely great job. Your hair looks gorgeous... healthy and full.

:up:

myxdchiick

Today is my second day straight and I have to remind myself not to expect the same smooth and sleekness that relaxed hair offers, but so far so good:)

Really? I thought you could? There is a hair blog called honeybrownsugar.com which has a link that leads to misikko.com/flat-iron-black-hair.html, where she says she can get her hair just as straight with a good flat iron just like a relaxer
Would. But then again.....that leads me to thinking...
Does it vary by hair type? Help?!

naturalpride

Really? I thought you could? There is a hair blog called honeybrownsugar.com which has a link that leads to misikko.com/flat-iron-black-hair.html, where she says she can get her hair just as straight with a good flat iron just like a relaxer
Would. But then again.....that leads me to thinking...
Does it vary by hair type? Help?!

I have 4a Hair Type and Some 3c and the flat iron and blow dryer that I used did a descent job, saying this is my first time straightening.

DaughterOfZion1

what is your texture? 4a or b? and I have been dying for a natural hair flat ironing tutorial from beginning to end...can yiou tell me what you did? the hardest part for me is after you have washed it and deep condished it....how do u blow dry it without ripping all your hair out even after it has been detangled? and when do you add the products...and just everything...detailed step by step would be greatly appreciated.

naturalpride

what is your texture? 4a or b? and I have been dying for a natural hair flat ironing tutorial from beginning to end...can yiou tell me what you did? the hardest part for me is after you have washed it and deep condished it....how do u blow dry it without ripping all your hair out even after it has been detangled? and when do you add the products...and just everything...detailed step by step would be greatly appreciated.

I took so long because I did a series of preventative steps to prepare my hair to sustain the heat.

1st- Shampooed in 7 sections
2nd- Conditioned and detangled in 7 sections
3rd- I put a black henna color in my hair prior to straigntening
4th- I sat under the hooded dryer for 30 minutes with Redken Smooth Down Butter Treat
5th- I detangled in sections with Redken Smoothe Down Detangling/Leave In Cream
6th- I sat under the Hooded Dryer on cool for 20 minutes to dry my hair a little before I start blow drying
7th- I put Redken Smooth Down Heat Glide on my semi-wet hair
8th- I blow dried in sectionswith the Babyliss Pro TT Hot Air Brush
9th- I flat iron with Babyliss Pro TT Flat Iron

Yeah, that's a lot of steps, and also I pre pooed the night before with 1 can of Coconut Milk, Honey, Coconut Oil, Shea Butter, and two egg whites. I used a blender, but I didn't include that in the process above.

Here are some pictures of the tool that I used to straighten my hair:

Hair Products Nov. 2008 019 (B).jpg

flat iron (b).jpg

Redken Smooth Down Line (b).jpg

ColoraHennaAveda.jpg

ChiProductSet.jpg

I hope this gives you an idea of what I actually did to get my hair straight.

www.fotki.com/larutan

Last edited:

naturalpride

This is my third day with straightened hair and it much more sleek now than on the first day. I attribute that to me wrapping my hair at night with a satin scarf:) I hope my hair last at least 10 days, that would be nice!

naturalgurl

WOW! Beautiful. I'm about to blow dry and flat iron for the first time too (in a year). I hope mine turns out as beautiful as yours!