Celebrities with natural/texturized hair

vkb247

First New York (Tiffany Pollard), then Oprah, now Jazmine Sullivan.

She performed at the hotel where I work this weekend and when she arrived she had the long straight look that you often see her with.

This morning she was walking through the lobby with a puff! I don't know if it was natural or texturized or what but it was short (about NL to SL) and kinky!

I love that more black women are rocking their textured hair I just wish more of them would do it publicly.

What do you ladies think?

ImFree27

Yes Oprah is natural she been said it and I think it's cool they are rocking their natural hair, it's starting to get more accepted..a lot of black women on comericals have natural hair..

tailormade84

u cant forget my girl offa GIRLFRIENDS....Tracee Ross!!!

She is one of MAIN inspirations!!!! Her hair is the business!!! :):):)

i love to see people (famous or not) with natural hair :D
but if other people are anything like me, they are waiting til their hair gets their dream length/thickness/health before they just bust it out everywhere :)

Last edited:

vkb247

Do you ladies think that the standard of beauty is changing? Is this a move in a positive directions, a fad, or something else? Does it matter?

tailormade84

i think the uprising natural hair craze is just a fad - i feel as if the 70's/80's in general is making a comeback, who knows how long it shall last....

jetbeauty09

I didn't know Tiffany P was natural. I always see her weaved up! lol Do you have any pics?? I love to see this too but it gets on my nerves when I only see naturals in commercials. Its like they can't rep for black ladies with relaxed hair unless its a relaxer commercial or BET. .:ot:

Tybi

i think the uprising natural hair craze is just a fad - i feel as if the 70's/80's in general is making a comeback, who knows how long it shall last....

Yeah and who knows whats next?

I know I see a lot more natural than relaxed around me. Big puffy hair everywhere. And where I used to be uncomfortable with my natural hair, I now feel better wearing it than wearing straight hair that just seems so boring on me now. Since I am learning how to style and care for my natural hair, I don't see going back to the relaxer anytime soon, and don't really care what the current style is either!