ceramic flat iron....

silk

HI,
I am considering getting a ceramic flat iron. I currently have a flat iron which works pretty well but I keep hearing about how great ceramic flat irons are and I am wondering if it is worth it for me to invest in one. Can some please tell me what the deal is with these irons? Are they less damaging than regular irons? Thanks

Faith

Well, one thing I noticed with mine was my iron doesn't smoke anymore...and that burning hair smell or whatever it was is now gone. Also, my hair feels moist still after using it instead of that dry almost straw feel I get from the old flatirons. HTH

simplycee

Sweetest Taboo
I have been using one I purchased for Sally's Beauty Supply for about 4 months. It has been my experience that it is better for my hair than a regular flat iron. I noticed right away that my hair was straighter but did not feel dry. I had a better shine but did not have to turn it on high to get the texture I wanted. As a matter of fact I used it on its lowest setting and got better results than I ever had using a regular curling iron or flat iron. The very next weekend I went out and purchased a ceramic curling iron. They get my vote hands down!

silk

Ok, I'm sold. I'm off to get my ceramic iron tomorrow.
How frequently do you suppose I can use it. I am thinking once a week. Is that too much? I just can't take the hours and hours of sitting under the dryer with rollers on which is why I am leaning towards flat ironing.

atlantatiffany

i have to agree with the ladies above. when i used my flat iron a noticed a big difference on the first piece of hair. my hair was much lighter, airy, and moisturised. if u get one i recommend the rusk flat iron. it's $150 but it is so worth it. when u do purchase a flat iron make sure the plates are pur ceramic and ceramic plated. i really think u still have to becareful with how much u use the flat iron because it is still heat and u don't want to use too much heat. i might use mine once a month. i try to say away from heat, but i mainly use it for my new growth. i don't even use it on my ends.