Ceramic flat irons at walmart for $19.95!

sweetie25

For those that use the flat iron. I was in walmart looking at hair products and wanted to know what this ceramic flat iron was, and I found one for 19.95 and they also had the ceramic curlers for cheaper too. Just wanted to share with you all that use flat irons.

? Do the ceramic flat irons cause damage to your hair?

SweetNic_JA

what is a ceramic flat iron? I have a professional flat iron that gets very hot.I can't remember the brand name off hand.

**I CHECKED IT OUT AND IT'S CONAIR-PRO **

jamaraa

Sweet...it's a basic flat "iron", except the plates are not made of metal, but of a ceramic material (like a coffee cup). The logic behind the ceramics (as opposed to metal) is that ceramic heats evenly thru the plate whereas metal can sometimes heat unevely....hence applying too much heat to certain spots.

patticake

i bought the revlon ceramic one and i love it! my hair came out so soft and smooth to the touch.
i'll have to keep myself from using it everyday!

Brownie

I have the Vidal Sassoon one from Wal-mart; it costed about $20. The dial goes from 2-20. I haven't been able to get my hair straight once with this flat iron.

[ QUOTE ]
I have the Vidal Sassoon one from Wal-mart; it costed about $20. The dial goes from 2-20. I haven't been able to get my hair straight once with this flat iron.

[/ QUOTE ]

Was this the one with the removable plates?????

They also had ceramic curling irons too, in various sizes.

azul11

This is just GREAT!!! I don't live near a walmart!! is this a conspiracy or something???
everytime someone talks about a good deal for a hair product its always at some store i dont live near.
God bless you all.

Brownie

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Was this the one with the removable plates?????

They also had ceramic curling irons too, in various sizes.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think those plates come off. The plates are gold and thin if that helps. You open the plates by squeezing the handle that's on the side of the iron.

azul11

okay i am calm now i found the revlon and conair ceramic flat irons in my area. i think it was close to this price if not cheaper. what were the results with either of these?
erplexed: God bless you all.

SweetNic_JA

Thanks Jamaraa
Can't u get the same effect with a regular curling iron by just allowing it more time to heat up?

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
There is a difference in the ceramic flat irons and the regular ones. I have both. The ceramic flat irons heat to 400 Degrees or more enabling you to achieve straighter results without having to go over your hair several times. It is supposed to distribute the heat evenly so you don't get those hot spots or burn your hair(sometimes in pressing with a hot comb). It is supposed to be non-damaging so you can use it often, some say every day! Although I would never use that amount of heat on my hair everyday no matter what anyone says. It is a lot smaller in size so you can get to the roots to achieve that relaxed look. I am a transitioning 4a type(about 3 inches of natural) and when I use my flat iron to press people always ask me have I relaxed my hair. Nope just used a ceramic flat iron on it. I don't know if the ones at walmart are like the one that I have because I have never seen those. My flat iron is a Unil and it heats up to 400 degress. It retails for $129. If the ones at Walmart are comparible I wish I had found those before I shelled out all of my money! It is a wonderful iron. I truly do enjoy it. The regular flat irons don't get nearly as hot as this one. I certainly can not use this to achieve a relaxed look on natural hair! I don't use my regular one anymore the ceramic iron has taken its place.

azul11

I saw it at duane reade. do you live in nyc becuse there are plenty duane reades here. shooot there has to be something. i mean you would think in a city this big and diverse you would be able to easily find stuff but it seems like i am always having trouble so i am glad i'm finding something. geeezzzzzz. God bless you all.

soslychic

My hair came out underprocessed in my last relaxer and maybe I'll try a flat iron a couple of times just to get me through these next 3 weeks ( I don't think I'll kill my hair because I never use heat so this time should be ok) So how often do you need to use it? I mean can you do it like every 3 or 4 days (that's how often I wash) and still have straight hair those last couple of days? Would I need to wrap it at night to maintain a straight style?

SweetNic_JA

dontspeakdefeat that sounds like a really good iron. 400 degrees is pretty hot though. My hair couldn't withstand the heat.

by the way, your hair looks REALLY good

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
I saw the really skinny Revlon Ceramic Iron at Kmart. It looked skinnier than the 1" Jilbere to me. 20 heat settings for under $20.

TwistNMx

I just bought a 2nd flat iron yesterday at Sallys "Helen of Troy" (Professional Gold Series). . It's ceramic and reaches up to 220 degrees w/10 settings. I guess I overpaid (26.99)
Unfortunately, I'm not thoroughly satisfied though, so I may return it, especially if I find one that may possibly be better at Walmart. It does not straighten my wave pattern enough at the root.
My first flat iron 1" (non-ceramic). I bought about 2 months ago, however my hair is too thick for it now

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
Re: SweetNic JA
Thanks for the compliment! The iron that I use has variable heat settings so if your hair can't take the 400 degree heat like mine it goes as low as 140 degrees.

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
Re: Soslychic
My hair is 4a and I use my flat iron once a week. It can be used at every wash according to stylist I have asked.It is supposed to be non-damaging. It would be pefect for your underprocessed hair because you would not have to go over it but maybe once or twice before you get it straight. Your hair should stay straight in between washes unless you get it wet for some reason(rain, swimming, sweating etc.). You should wrap it nightly to keep that straight look. Mine usually lasts until the next wash. I hope this helps!

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
[ QUOTE ]
I saw it at duane reade. do you live in nyc becuse there are plenty duane reades here. shooot there has to be something. i mean you would think in a city this big and diverse you would be able to easily find stuff but it seems like i am always having trouble so i am glad i'm finding something. geeezzzzzz. God bless you all.

[/ QUOTE ]No I live in Georgia, Actually you can find great deals for these on Ebay(brand new!). There are also some online websites where they can be purchased. I think one is www.metrobeauty.com.

Brownie

[ QUOTE ]
Brownie do you have the CERAMIC Vidal Sasson iron? Or is it just a "gold" one?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no idea?????????It's black on the outside and the thin straightning plate is gold. It's probably not a ceramic because those sound really good, and this one doesn't get my hair straight at all, even on its highest setting, which is 20. Maybe I'll look around at Sally's for a ceramic iron.

Allandra

Did you get the larger one? I doubt you paid too much. It's the mini ceramic flat iron by Jilbere that costs more.