Ceramic / Tourmaline Straightening Comb...

dlove

Most all natural 4a/b sister are constantly complaining about the raggedy ends after ceramic/tourmaline flat ironing. There are a few on the board that use straigtening comb ad they contend that their ends are smooth, like relaxer ends. We all know that good ceramic flat irons do our hair justice, but it is hard to control those frizzy ends. There are countless threads asking for help to smooth ends for all natural 4a/b heads of hair that wish to sometimes wear their hair straight.
So... I was wondering if there was a good, meaning not cheaply made, ceramic/tourmaline straightening comb out there that we DIY straighteners can benefit from. Using that stove and/or the electric hot comb is too iffy for me. I'm afraid I will burn my hair. I like the tempertaure control on hot tools.

Name of appliance and website if applicable please....

Thanks in advance!

dlove

I googled the Golden Hot Brand and read the reviews on Amazon.com. They were horrible except for from a few people. I hope the Sedu, Chi, or best of all Solia representatives read this thread and create one.

LaidBak

Well, its 2012 and I am looking for one of these. I'm not natural, but looking for something to help me stretch longer. Maybe 5 years later someone will have some recommendations.

Aggie

I have a Sedu and I love mine a millions times over a normal liking for flat irons I have had in the past. It never snag my hair and it glides over my strands like a dream. I like that I can set the temperature myself to a point I know I am not destrying my fine hair. This is how I purchase all my heating tools now. I NEED to be able to set the temperature myself.

Tiye

I have a ceramic pressing comb with temp control, but I'm not impressed with it. The "ceramic" is actually coating over metal. I don't know if they have any solid ceramic combs since the trend in market is all about the flat irons. IMO the metal, gold plated electric pressing combs are better. I got mine at Sally's for about 30 bucks. It has temp control, and automatic shut off. Don't bother with the cheapie electric straightening combs that don't come with temp control - they're dangerous and break easily.

LaidBak

I ended up buying the Gold N Hot electric straightening comb. Now I just gotta wait for some NG so I can test it out.

Rina88

I have a Solia and it works well once you learn a good technique. I tried the comb chase method but it would cause breakage- so I start flat-ironing at the ends and when they're straight I proceed to flat-iron normally and I have no issues.