***Ceramide rich oils: Which do you like best?

Which ceramide rich oil is your favorite?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
Hey ladies,

For those of you that use oils containing ceramides; with which oil have you seen the greatest improvement?

Side question: Does anyone know which oil contains the most ceramides?

TIA :)

***ETA: there's a poll now too :grin:

Last edited:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Don't know 'which' has the most, but I am currently enjoying:grin::

HempSeed & Wheat Germ. I have Kukui Nut, but haven't used it enough to actually tell.

May purchase Walnut Oil at some point (which also contains Ceramides).

Nice Thread HaleeJ:yep:

TwistNMx

From what I've been reading, researching, etc. supposedly the wheatgerm oil / hempseed oil is supposed to be the hot ones. :yep:
I just purchased this brand wheatgerm oil yesterday at the Vitamin Shoppe for only 4 Dollars. HTH

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
From what I've been reading, researching, etc. supposedly the wheatgerm oil / hempseed oil is supposed to be the hot ones. :yep:
I just purchased this brand wheatgerm oil yesterday at the Vitamin Shoppe for only 4 Dollars. HTH

that looks like the 1st bottle I purchased.:yep: Although I think it was like $7.00 or $8.00

My latest one came from Mountain Rose Herbs.

TwistNMx

that looks like the 1st bottle I purchased.:yep: Although I think it was like $7.00 or $8.00

My latest one came from Mountain Rose Herbs.

Be careful. I used to order from them, but they aren't very honest anymore with their prices as of a year ago so I moved on.

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
Thanks for the responses :) Maybe I should add a poll. The way this is going y'all making me wanna get like 3-4 oils :rolleyes:

Americka

How is it working out for you? How are you using it?

It is very light. Even lighter than grapeseed oil, IMO. Sometimes I use it to seal at night prior to setting my hair. I LOVE to run a tiny dab of it through each curl as I am taking down the rollers. No heaviness - just shine!

Americka

Oh? Have you tried the other oils? If so, what makes sunflower oil better?

Whipping out the credit card ... :look:

Hey Taz!

I have never tried the other two, so I honestly don't know which one is better. I love it for its lightness and the shine it gives my hair!

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Be careful. I used to order from them, but they aren't very honest anymore with their prices as of a year ago so I moved on.

Thanks for the Tip.:yep:

Whipping out the credit card ... :look:

:lachen::lachen::lachen:Chile, You a Mess. I am so Glad we live on opposite Coasts.:nono:

Here is a post that was done in 08 about oils with ceramides

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=268981

Thanks for Posting this Thread.:grin:

I will have to pull out that Kukui Nut a little more and give it a fair try. I LOVE the Hemp Seed. (prolly a little more than the Wheat Germ:look:).

angellike

just FYI I was in TJ Maxx today and they had cans of walnut and sunflower oil, 16oz for 5.99 in the cooking section, i dont kno if grapeseed oil has ceramides but they had that as well.

magviv

I love sunflower oil too! I went in Dollar General the other day and saw sunflower for $1 per bottle!! It wasn't organic though. I may go back and get a bottle just to check it out.:grin:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Thanks to Your Thread, Ms. HaleeJ: I pulled my Kukui Nut back out. I will use it religiously all next week to get a real feel for it.

I always reach for the Hemp Seed because I know it performs exceptionally well.:lick:

I didn't see Wheat Germ on the Poll, maybe I missed it?

Americka

Thanks to Your Thread, Ms. HaleeJ: I pulled my Kukui Nut back out. I will use it religiously all next week to get a real feel for it.

I always reach for the Hemp Seed because I know it performs exceptionally well.:lick:

I didn't see Wheat Germ on the Poll, maybe I missed it?

No, it's not there. I'm sure it was an accidental oversight. :yep:

aa9746

This is what I'm using and it's really helping my hair, especially my ends!

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
I wish I could try them all so I could rank them, but I have serious nut allergies. Is there anyway to find out which has the most ceramides?