***Ceramide rich oils: Which do you like best?

Which ceramide rich oil is your favorite?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
Oh shoot T! I knew I was missing one :ohwell: I can't edit polls can I? Thanks for your responses guys :)

Last edited:

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
I wish I could try them all so I could rank them, but I have serious nut allergies. Is there anyway to find out which has the most ceramides?

I was wondering the same thing. I'm scouring articles online. I'll post here if I find anything.

Thanks to Your Thread, Ms. HaleeJ: I pulled my Kukui Nut back out. I will use it religiously all next week to get a real feel for it.

I always reach for the Hemp Seed because I know it performs exceptionally well.:lick:

Thanks T :) I'm leaning towards the hempseed now :yep:

beautyaddict1913

From what I've been reading, researching, etc. supposedly the wheatgerm oil / hempseed oil is supposed to be the hot ones. :yep:
I just purchased this brand wheatgerm oil yesterday at the Vitamin Shoppe for only 4 Dollars. HTH

You gon have me running to vitamin shoppe tomoro even though I claimed I wasnt buying anything else for my hair this month, but whats an item under $10?:lachen:lol!! How are you guys using these oils w/ ceramides? As sealants? For the length of your hair or for ends? For scalp massages?

Thanks!

Americka

You gon have me running to vitamin shoppe tomoro even though I claimed I wasnt buying anything else for my hair this month, but whats an item under $10?:lachen:lol!! How are you guys using these oils w/ ceramides? As sealants? For the length of your hair or for ends? For scalp massages?

Thanks!

I use sunflower oil. I seal with it after moisturizing. I also use it on the length of my hair prior to setting my hair and sometimes after removing the rollers. I don't do scalp massages, but I might oil my scalp with it at least once a month during the summer. It is very light.

MsKibibi

I found two types of walnut oil at HomeGoods - Toasted and Roasted. What type of walnut oil are you ladies using? I plan to go back tomorrow and get one or both of them.

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
I found two types of walnut oil at HomeGoods - Toasted and Roasted. What type of walnut oil are you ladies using? I plan to go back tomorrow and get one or both of them.

I was wondering this too. I am assuming that the raw/cold pressed oils are best right?

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
Wheat germ oil but the smell makes me want to gag! I use it in my pre poo. I'll soon add eucalyptus oil to the mix to help with the smell but read that while pregnant I should probably stay away from eucalyptus oil.

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
Wheat germ oil but the smell makes me want to gag! I use it in my pre poo. I'll soon add eucalyptus oil to the mix to help with the smell but read that while pregnant I should probably stay away from eucalyptus oil.

It does stink! Whew! :nono: I tried mixing it with lavender EO and I could still smell it. I tried it straight and wasn't excited about it. I'm gonna try it next in a 50:50 mix with EVOO, like Reecie does :)

Hempseed oil is my favorite thus far though. Love the increased moisture retention, shine and managablity it gives. Rice bran oil is a close second :yep:

Urban

Another vote WHEATGERM!!!! This stuff rules! I used to use it a few years ago, no idea why i stopped. I've been using it again over the past 2 - 3 weeks :lick::love2::infatuated:.

Lita

Wheat germ/Hemp seed...Hemp seed is just Faaaab!
Wheat germ is nice too but very thick!

Happy Hair Growing!

Tiye

Just washed my hair tonight and forgot to use the sunflower oil. I used virgin coconut. Rats! I guess I'm gonna have to take down my braids ... thankfully there's only four of them.

sithembile

Wheatgerm oil. I use it in my prepoos, DCs and sometimes to seal. I also use it as an eye makeup remover / under eye moisturiser. Its got vitamin e and (of course ceramides) which are supposed to be good for dark circles and minimising lines.

PJaye

I absolutely love oil!

I recently started pre-pooing with an EVOO/Fractionated Coconut Oil/Walnut Oil mixture in order to mitigate the effects of hygral fatigue, and I seal with a Castor Oil/Sunflower Oil blend. I also add generous portions of Sunflower, Walnut and Hemp Seed oils to all of my DCs and leave-ins.

MissHoney26

Well after all the raving about ceramides i went to vitamin shoppe and picked up wheat germ oil. I must say that I instantly fell in love with how soft and shiny it made my 4c extra thick hair feel! It moisturizes really good! I think this wheat germ oil has coconut oil beat! LoL Anyway that's my review and I'm happy with the results!

yodie

Great thread. I was gonna ask this question. I want the wgo, but I keep hearing everyone talk about how bad it stinks. Maybe I'll just stick to hempseed.

Globeleza

Yup, yup, it is. The Japanese have products containing rice bran ceramides.

I have tried Hemp seed and WGO and love them both. I have yet to try the rice bran but I used to LOVE Aveda Brilliant Serum which contains rice bran oil as one of the main ingredients.

BeaLady

I went to Whole Foods yesterday to get more Wheat Germ Oil. Their supplier(Spectrum) discontinued it. I called Spectrum today and asked them to reconsider.

darlingdiva

I went to Whole Foods yesterday to get more Wheat Germ Oil. Their supplier(Spectrum) discontinued it. I called Spectrum today and asked them to reconsider.

We really do go hard for our hair products, don't we?:lachen:

I have eucalyptus oil, but I haven't used it yet.

e.lauren

Can you guys rank them in terms of how thick they are? I want to add Ceramides to my regimine but my hair is not a fan of oil that is too thin or too thick

brucebettye

I love wheat germ oil. It makes my hair so soft and my new growth feels like butter after I deep condition with it. It also makes it easy for me to put my hair in a bun. I can actually go a week or longer without wetting my hair to stretch it out. I recommend this oil to any long perm stretchers or transitioners.